I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  just plain sad
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just plain sad  (Read 7744 times)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 07:38:24 PM »

(((((Mizar)))))  Nice to see you, and yes, it is the kindest thing our families can do to at least once in a while, ask about us, the partner.  Hope your doing well Mizar  :cuddle;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 05:57:02 AM »

Our nurse pops in a couple of times a month, just for a chat and to take bloods.She always looks at me and than asks how I am before she asks hubby, bless her. She retires soon and I will so miss her.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »

Today is much better thankfully and sorry I didn't get back sooner. As I too read the threads and their responses on all the different topics I can see how people can "relate" to them. The story may not be exactly the same, but there is something in them that pertains to you. We're learning from each other. I have started several of my own projects ans I'm so glad I did. I am "letting go" so to speak, and living my life too. No, I'm not abandoning mys spouse of course, but it's that long over due "me" time. I think my husband is kinda glad to see that happening, but  at the same time I think he's soused to me always being nearby that he feels not right I guess you could say. Hmm... Getting back into the things that i need to do have also given us something to talk about except for the
how you feeling?, how was dialysis?, what's going on, are you dizzy? lol. I kinda think he likes the change of conversation too. It's weird how your life gets so wrapped up into the kidney world.  Did some shopping yesterday for Christmas with him and it was a good day. he didn't sleep all night so it might be a totally different day today. We'll see. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 07:33:15 AM »

TS, While Carl was on dialysis, we made a pact to spend at least 15 minutes of that time talking about things not related to D. That doesn't sound like much time, but it often stretched into much MORE time than that. And it really gave us some "together" time besides just being the care-partners.

I'm glad you are taking care of your "me" time. That is essential for your ability to be there for him.

:grouphug; :grouphug;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »

Tex, I'm glad to hear things are a little better now.  And, yep, the "me time" will help a lot, both with how you feel and how you and your spouse relate to each other.  Keep smilin' gal...hugs are coming your way!   :cuddle;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »

I'm laughing and crying (again lol).   I'm glad we got to let a loose here. Anyway, ...... we must know more about the Janis thing! Oh Please! Was she a tiny girl, was she polite to you, waht was she wearing, what did she say.....? Inquiring minds want to know! lol   And, do you have any pictures of that?  I know..seems when something special special really happens we never have our camera lol.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »