I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 04:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What's new for WishIKnew?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's new for WishIKnew?  (Read 7288 times)
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 08:32:27 AM »

So pleased the surgery went well, WIK.  Hopefully you got a good night sleep! 

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
WishIKnew

Alports, dialysis '07-'12,cancer'11,transplant '12

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »

Been away, sorry.
So I had a lupectomy two weeks ago Tuesday.  It went well.
Just three days before it I got a staff infection in my hemo catheter.  Yuck.
After the surgery I found out that I had to have another breast surgery to take out more dangeropus tissue.  In the 4 days prior to the second surgery which was last Tuesday I had three procedures to change out my bad cath for a working noninfected one.  I was awake for these procedures and they were pretty horrible. 
Then Tuesays I had my second breast cancer surgery and my first dialysis treatment right there in the hospital with my newest catheter which finally worked well.  I spent the night in the hospital and came home yesterday.  Other than the typical pain after surgery I'm doing fine.

What a frustrating and painful road this has been!  I will be working toward a fistula as soon as I'm a little healed.....
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 10:44:03 AM »

Wow, you have really been through the mill.I wish you a speedy recovery. Just take your time and get well soon.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

You have really been faced with challenge after challenge!  But, like me, you are a SURVIVOR, girl!l  They only beat you when you allow them to.  Here is a hug from your IHD family :grouphug;
Until your body gets accustomed to HD, you do feel a bit wiped out, but after a while, it will be better.
Just keep on keeping on :cuddle;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jagermiester

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

wishIKnew - sorry to hear you are going through everything.  I was diagnosed with the same type of breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago that you have.  I had the choice of having a lumpectomy with radiation or a mastectomy without anything as long as the lymphnodes were not affected.  I chose the mastectomy and did not have to have chemo.  Although, they did put me on a medication that stops my body from producing hormones due to the tumor I had grew and fed on hormones.  Pills I can handle  :thumbup;

One of the reason I chose the mastectomy was because my surgeon was saying that when he would do the lumpectomy, they would check the margins to see if they were clear and if not, they would have to go back in and if the margins were still not clear they would have to go back in and then if they were not clear ------------  that was when I stopped the doctor and told him he was going in ONCE and ONCE only!!!  LOL!! 

If you have any questions about breast cancer, please feel free to ask.  However, it's the kidney thing that I'm knew at and am now on the learning curve for.

Take care
Joy
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »

Here are two very dear people that can help each other out tremendously, WIK & Joy! Wik, has been on this Kidney thing for quite awhile and Joy haveing been through the breast cancer! It is no surprise to me, that these two can really comfort each other!

WIK, you have an amazing attitude (Still) with all the stuff youve been through! What an emmotional roller coaster ride you have been on girl! Honestly, I do not know how you have done it! You have a strong will and that is so admirable!

Thanks for letting us know how things went in surgery!  I know it's not over yet, because of the healing and then having a fistula!  I will tell you that when my husband got his fistula, he has not had any problems in over a year! Hopefully, it will be that way for you dear!  Lord knows you sure need things to settle down abit! You Deserve It!

lmunchkin     :flower; :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »