I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 03:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  what do u guys think of NxStage?.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what do u guys think of NxStage?.  (Read 3721 times)
ihernandez

« on: June 20, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »

what u guys think of NxStage? i love it i think is awesome

Dialysis is not a Diseas its a life style
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »

There are many people here that have or do use Nxstage....

Bill Peckham is one and He has a web site as well....http://www.billpeckham.com/

also Hemodoc has a good web page as well....http://www.hemodoc.com/

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »

we LOVE nxStage!!  I think they have a great tech support too!!  Hubbys happier at home and so long as we are able, we will be at home..

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »

Best modality ever!  Last time I ordered my supplies, I was talking to the lady about this machine and how nice it would be if it were a little lighter so that us weaklings can lift it!  She said her cousin was doing NxStage and she too wants it a little lighter in weight.  She said they are working on that!

That was like music to my ears!  Altough, we manage away to cart it in and out of vehichle now, but it would be nice to be able to lift it on a coffee table without the help of another!

Also, for those of you who use Pureflow! I have made a Dolly that you place the cabinet on with wheels!  I made it for 2 other people I know that are using NxStage.  They tell me I should go online and sell these things, but I really do not want to, but if anyone wants my measurements for the Cabinet Dolly, I can give them to you and tell you what materials you will need!  You know how heavy that cabinet is without fluid, put 60 liters in it, ah, it is vertualy impossible to move.  The Dolly worked out great!

I really am pleased with this NxStage machine!  And tech support are so helpful!  They truly are the heart and soul of this little system.  And very pleasant when talking with them and more importantly, they don't rush to get rid of you!  They go Out of their way to get you back in business!  SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

I do wish however, that we had known about this in 2004 when he was diagnosed.  I believe we would have choosen this, instead of PD, but then again, it was all so new to us, maybe the way everything went down was probably a learning process for us at the time! Important thing is we are doing NxStage now and it is a wonderful way to dialysis!

lmunchkin     :cheer:

p.s. To those of you who have never seen me, Iam just what my name implies, a little munchkin!  Very low to the ground!!!!!

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
lawphi

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »

My husband used nxstage for three months before he received a transplant. I truly think nxstage helped him breeze through the surgery and recovery.

Girl meets boy with transplant, falls in love and then micromanages her way through the transplant and dialysis industry. Three years, two transplant centers and one NxStage machine later, boy gets a kidney at Johns Hopkins through a paired exchange two months after evaluation.  Donated kidney in June and went back to work after ten days.
kimberlyn50

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »

We love Nxtage!  I am caregivier for my boyfriend, we have been home with it for 7 months   He feels so much better, and we can schedule around it, not to mention saving alot of gas money!!

You can buy a dolly for the pureflow at Home Depot for about 15.00 It is covered with gray caroet and blends in nicely.
as yes, they are so simply to make!

Caretaker for 55 yr old boyfriend who has Type 1 Diabetes 33 yrs; ESRD; Congestive Heart Failure; Neuropathy
New NxStage users
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »