I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 03:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Beyond Frustrated
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beyond Frustrated  (Read 2585 times)
alewis328

« on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »

I just finished calling our transplant center for the 3rd time in 2 days. When D was in the hospital the 1st time this month I was able to get ahold of her and see what was holding up the process since we hadn't heard a word from her.  EVER. She told me she was just waiting on the second blood type test to be done and the results to be faxed to her. She said that that was all she needed and then his case would be presented to the panel and he would be listed. BTW: he is going for dual transplant kidney/pancreas.
I got off the phone, walked into the hospital, and had 1 conversation. The test was completed that day and the results faxed to her the following day along with a message from me on her voicemail to please let me know if she didn't receive the results. That was almost 3 weeks ago. I still have not heard a word. And since then, we have had another 5 day hospital stay. 
When we first met out coordinator it was "Oh I will be in constant contact, you will probably get tired of hearing from me"  BLAH BLAH BLAH  :Kit n Stik;
Like I said earlier, she has not initiated contact with us ONE TIME since this whole process has started. And she has only actually spoken to one of us on the phone twice (we called both times)
You know it's bad when the receptionist says "And this is the 3rd message you have left for her" and recites your own phone number back to you.
I would really like to let the coordinator know just exactly I think of her and her job skills. But I know that would not be wise....
It would sure make me feel better though. At least for awhile.

Ash

Girlfriend and caregiver to an amazing man & dialysis patient
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »

Yeah, I think they all give that spiel - but I hardly ever heard from mine either.  And the day I finally got the call - it wasn't even her, it was one of the other coordinators who had never even looked at my file.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

alewis328

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

Oh well that is just awesome... LOL
I am done messing with this chick. I happen to know a certain Dr. that has a lot of close friends at the transplant place.  He is getting ready to find out just how incompetent she is..
I hate to do that. But really she is leaving me with no choice.

Ash

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »

Sweetie, if you have leverage to get rid of the idiots, please do so for those who haven't got any!   :cheer:

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

Well, my husband and I fired my husband's transplant co-ordinator. If you feel he/she is not working for you, I recommend it.     :)

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
alewis328

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »

I would LOVE to do that. But we are so close. As far as I know, there is nothing more they need from us. I am just trying to bide my time and bite my tongue.. I am not very good at either of those! :stressed;

Ash

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »

Do you have her email?  You could pester her daily with emails if you do.  I have my co-ordinator's email address because I hate talking on the phone.  If she desperately needs to get hold of me she'll ring.  If I don't answer she'll email me instead.  I ALWAYS email her, but I know she checks her emails regularly.

Hope you hear soon!

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 10:05:04 PM »

If you have the emails and have just been using the reply function on that email, you can print the whole conversation history along with the dates of how long it took to reply or non reply. Take it up the chain and complain and have your coordinator switched. You have that right, you have the proof from your self and the hospital faxing the lab results. There should always be communication when there are issues. What's going to happen post transplant and you need help asap (somehing to ponder)

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
alewis328

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »

Finally heard back from Ms. Worthless this morning. She called from a strange # and I missed the call. Left me a message saying that now they are requiring D to have a CT scan of his abdomen and pelvis. I am so angry I am shaking. Last time it was just one more blood type test.
And if she had bothered to do her job or keep in contact, we could of already had this done. Or at least had it done during one of the 10 days he was in the hospital last month. I wonder if she would pull her head out of her a** a little more with a size 7 1/2 foot up it.....

Ash

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »