I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 10:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Intro
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1666 times)
mykey711

mykey

« on: May 03, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »

Hello everybody. I'm Mike, a 52 year old family doctor, just starting peritoneal dialysis. I have ALPORT'S SYNDROME AND MY RENAL FUNCTION BEGAN TO FAIL ABOUT 10 YEARS ago. This is hereditary nephritis and my brother is also affected. He has renal failure since the age of 20 and is on his second transplanted kidney.
I do not like dialysis so far primarily because I get pretty uncomfortable drain pain, especially at the end. I have begun colace to keep my bowels soft and I empty my bladder before drain. I also sit up and forward to help. I'll keep you all imformed of my success.

I'm a 58 year old Family doctor with Alport's syndrome. I've been on PD for almost a year. I've been on transplant list since May 2010 at three centers, Michigan, Cleveland, and Indiana.  My brother has the same disease and is on his second transplant for about 12 years now.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »

:welcomesign; Welcome Mike. 
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

G'day, Mike, and :welcomesign; :ausflag;

Galvo
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »

Hello Mike, and welcome to IHD.  I'm so glad you found us.  I hope the pain lessens for you.  Might just take some getting use to.  Also, good luck with getting on the transplant list.  I hope things go well.  Need any advice; come here.  We are here for you.

Rerun, Moderator    :welcomesign;

peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »

Welcome to the group, Mike.  Someone here is bound to have the same problem and will come along and tell you how they solved it.  Glad you found us!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »