I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  what will happen to my disability?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what will happen to my disability?  (Read 1518 times)
mike22

« on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »

I'm a dialysis patient receiving disabllity. I will graduate college and really want to work and save money. I want to save money for grad school and relocation and possible to pay for my transplant med. Medicare pays three years after transplant. What is the max limit i can make a month without losing my benefit. What happens if I make over the max.
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

This is what I know. When I was trying to participate in the Ticket to Work Program, they said if you are on SSI. The first 9 months you can make as much as you want no limit, and I think after that, I think there is so much you can make before they start taking out so much for the disability. I will have to look up the max. I am not sure if the max is $1500. It is something around there.
 If I could work, I personally would save my disability until I totally needed it when I couldnt work anymore.

I do totally remember the first nine month rule. There is NO limit for the first nine months or work.

Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »