I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Johns Hopkins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Johns Hopkins  (Read 2634 times)
paris
Member for Life

« on: December 31, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »

Yesterday, via Fed Ex, my son and I both received blood draw kits from Johns Hopkins to have drawn and sent back to JH.  Great - they have had all my records for 7 months, all my sons medical tests, and during that time I received one email saying my case was in "nurses review".  So, all of a sudden we get this, but with no letter or explanation. Of course, we are going to do it - this is what we have been waiting for.  But, it has been a strange week - Thursday a call from Carolinas Med Center assigning me a transplant co-ordinator in their positive crossmatch program and now this with Johns Hopkins.   Did they all check their calendars and realize they need to start planning for 07?  Not complaining -- I will just see how everything plays out. May the best (quickest) hospital win!      But, as always, I contain my excitement -- we all have fallen too many times -- so I just wait and see now.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

well, at least things are happening.
hope things move forward for you.
best wishes for the coming year.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:30 PM »

As I keep saying to myself over and over, instead of screaming into the phone at a transplant coordinator: "Everything takes time!"

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »

Though the fight is tough, the end result is great. :thumbup;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »

Paris did anything ever become of the testing?
renal30yrs

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:09 AM »

John Hopkins is certainly the nation's top kidney transplant facility. They've pioneered the practice of swapping the donors from different ABO groups.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:02 AM »

My son and I are on round two of blood work with Johns Hopkins.  He is a great match, which makes for fewer plasmapheresis treatments.  All communication is thru my son, the potential donor. Also, have a full day of appointments at Carolina Medical Center next week.   Again, not getting my hopes up, but maybe one of these hospitals will accept me in their sensitized transplant programs.

Thanks for asking Sluff! You are always on top of everything!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »