I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 02:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  poor company that provide dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: poor company that provide dialysis  (Read 3999 times)
ohhmygolly

patient care tech 4 yrs.equp. tech past 16 yrs

« on: August 14, 2005, 06:30:09 PM »

i hear that diaysis providers are not making a profit due to labor cost , supply cost , legal cost and just the cost of doing dialysis :(
in fact fmc is not making any money so they had to buy rcg for $ 5,000,000 dollars.
if fmc is not making any money where did the  $ 5,000,000 come from  ;D 
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 08:00:57 PM »

i hear that diaysis providers are not making a profit due to labor cost , supply cost , legal cost and just the cost of doing dialysis :(
in fact fmc is not making any money so they had to buy rcg for $ 5,000,000 dollars.
if fmc is not making any money where did the  $ 5,000,000 come from  ;D 

I hear ya! it's ridiculous, these companies make a boat load of money off of us. At my center the employees don't get profit sharing or stock options, that's what they tell us so maybe there lying I don't know. But if it's true that sucks since alot of companys offer profit sharing.

Anyway welcome to the board I hope you come back often and help us make this site great. How about you post in the Introductions section so we can get to know you a little better. And again welcome to our board and feel free to rant or vent about anything concerning dlalysis OR rant about anything in out off-topic section. I look forward to your posts and tell your fellow patients about this place, it's real easy to remember tell 'em "goto ihatedialysis.com to get the truth and to let your frustrations out".

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
LifeOnHold

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:57:15 PM »

FMC shut a clinic in DC because there were so many Medicaid patients, they couldn't make a profit... but maybe they were hoping they'd inconvenience a Senator's family so they could push for higher Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement rates.

I'm at an FMC clinic, and they sure do have enough money for all kinds of "UltraCare" propaganda!   (Even though, after 2 years of pamphlets, none of us patients knows what the hell "UltraCare" is... other than a buzz-word filled marketing ploy!)

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
thegypsykid

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 07:14:48 PM »

dont feel bad, i work for fmc and even i dont really know what "ultra care" means.

no matter where you go, there you are.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »