I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Giving Up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giving Up  (Read 2582 times)
PreciousJeni

« on: March 12, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

I feel like im all alone in this kidney thing. no one understands what it feels like to have have taken numerous of pills your whole life. or having your babys father say my esrd will go away with exercise and diet. tired of explaining myself. im tired of these doc not taking my insurance so i can start pd. im just tired of everything and i know this too shall pass but i feel like im go pass before it does.  :stressed; :waiting; :embarassed:  :pray;

Jennifer L Galloway on facebook
PreciousJeni on twitter
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

:grouphug;

We do understand, and that's what we're here for.  Hang in there!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

You're far from alone even though it feels like it I'm sure.  Check out how many members are on this site and how many of us post and check in regularly...crowded I tell you.

We can help you to explain stuff to your family and this site can help you to understand it better yourself too.  Lots of pill taking goes on around here too.   :cuddle;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Hazmat35

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »

Don't ever give up!   :boxing;

You have thousands of friends on this website and we have all been there.  Depression, sadness, anger, we have been through it at least once! 

We may not know each other, but this is a fantastic forum to reach out to others, who actually know how you feel. 

If your baby's father thinks it will go away with diet and exercise, then I am sorry, but he seems like he doesn't care enough to reach out and found out about what it is YOU are going through.  :Kit n Stik; This is a horrible and very life threatening disease, that I would NOT wish my worst enemy to have. 

You have to think about you and your baby and your family.  What would  your baby do, if you were not around?  Who would take care of him/her?  ???

Reach out to US, anytime you need US!  We are always around! 

God Bless! 

Brother Passed away - 1990 - Liver Disease
Diagnosed w/ Polycystic Kidney Disease - 1998
Mother passed away - Feb. 1999 - PKD
Sister passed away - Feb. 2006 - PKD
AV Fistula / Upper Left Arm - September 2009
Father passed away - September 2009
In-Center Hemo Dialysis - April 2010
Broken Knee Cap - January 2015
Diagnosed w/ A-Fib October 2017
Surgery to repair Hiatal Hernia 2018
Multiple Fistula Grams / Angioplasty's since then!

Hating Dialysis since Day 1 and everyday since then!!!!  :)
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »

Jennifer,
This is a good place to come when you feel alone. People will understand what you are going through, here.

:cuddle;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
gaelicdevil

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:32:56 PM »

You should be grateful that you have a Family. I am all alone. My parents are long gone and the Ladies in my life have all left me. Who wants to date the Walking Dead? And the sad part is I wasn't like this. I was a hard rocking, hard biking, hot rodding guy...now... Zombie. It could be worse.

Type 1 diabetic, fistula October 2010, Hemodialysis January 2011, triple by-pass heart surgery November 2011, hoping for transplant, O negative, universal donor, still breathing.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 05:11:45 AM »

PreciousJeni, you are so welcome here, your days may feel really dark at the moment but once you are on dialysis things will get better. You have to try and remain positive, find out as much as you can about ersd. I know what you mean about all the pills you have to pop, but you want to be there for your baby. Sort the insurance out, press them to put you on D. Do not give up. Being on Dialysis is not the end of the world, it may seem so at the moment, you will have bad days and lots of good ones. Please come here and talk to us about any thing, scream and shout if you must, we all do it.   :welcomesign;
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »

You're right, this will pass! Just recently I started a thread  where no one could talk about dialysis. It is amazing to see just how many good things people are still able to do. My husband had a GFR of about 20 and people were telling him to drink cranberry juice. "That'll get your kidneys working" they said. It's frustrating when no one understands but we do. Pills, pills, pills not fun helping keep you alive for that baby of yours. Don't worry about what other people say. You job is to take care of YOURSELF and your child's. You'll get out of the rut.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
onestronglittlelady

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »

My heart goes out to you. No one wants to go through all this. We have a picture in our minds of how things should be. The most important thing is taking care of you and your precious little one. Hang in there dear one, and know there are many people here who understand what you are going through.
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

PreciousJeni:

You're certainly not alone.  We're all in the same boat and we will help each other out however we can.

Besides us on IHD, remember that you're not your nephrologist's only dialysis patient!  It's just a question of finding one another.

One of the very few advantages of in-center HD over PD is that at the dialysis center, I got to make friends with a few of the other patients.  We swapped "war stories" and we commiserated with each other.  If I had chosen PD at home, I would have been totally alone--because I live alone.  I needed more support than that.

If you have a good social worker, ask her about whether there's any way you could meet up with other patients in your geographic area.

Perhaps you might consider switching to a different dialysis modality, one that would give you more of a chance to meet with other dialysis patients in your geographic area.

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »

Your CERTAINLY not alone precious,,  These people here really 'get it'.  They got me, the caregiver/partner through some pretty heavy thoughts of my own.  Ya know, RightSide has a very good point too.  When DH was incenter, we had a great group of really neat people to share this 'going through' it stuff.  Not only did it give me even better insite to how the patient feels, it was really good for me to talk to the few other caregivers that were there and share 'our' sides of it.  If i didnt have IHD, i would have been lost, and REALLY lost now that we're home...  Im really glad you found us here and hope that it gives you some comfort that there are others who truly understand 'being there'.    :grouphug;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

:grouphug;
Stay strong, its so hard, and this is a wonderful place fo support.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »