I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 04:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  dizzyness
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dizzyness  (Read 2569 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: March 01, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »

Hi all,
I was just wondering if you've all experienced this. Past few days I've been getting dizzy when lying down, more like when I'm going to bed. Sometimes, it wakes me up at night. Sometimes I also have swets. When the dizzyness subsides I feel phatigued afterwords. My bp is good, I've taken it lying down, sitting, and standing. Palse rate is also in normal range as well as sugar at 88. I go see my family doctor on Thursday as my dialysis staff has no idea what could be causing it. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? The dizzyness I've experienced is not the room spinning type, like the lightheaded kind.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »

Well, im not the D patient but my own special 'issue' (or one of them   ::) ) is vertigo.  It can be anywhere from mild dizzyness, to mild spinning, to very hard spins, to just light headed, to knock me outa commission.   Mine comes sometimes from stress, sometimes from the wheather, and other times i really have no idea why it's plaging me.  what i have they call 'positional' vertigo, and it showed up only when laying down and turning my head in a certain position.  Now i get it and it can just cause and 'off' feeling, and slight dizzy.   Im not saying that this is whats going on with you, but something to look into.  It can be just something that comes and then leaves you forever, or like me, it came about 10 years ago and slipps into and out of my life often. 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Hazmat35

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:37:28 AM »

I find that since I started "D" that I loose my balance quite often.  I'll be walking then all of a sudden, start to "fall" to the left or right!  It is really weird. 

Brother Passed away - 1990 - Liver Disease
Diagnosed w/ Polycystic Kidney Disease - 1998
Mother passed away - Feb. 1999 - PKD
Sister passed away - Feb. 2006 - PKD
AV Fistula / Upper Left Arm - September 2009
Father passed away - September 2009
In-Center Hemo Dialysis - April 2010
Broken Knee Cap - January 2015
Diagnosed w/ A-Fib October 2017
Surgery to repair Hiatal Hernia 2018
Multiple Fistula Grams / Angioplasty's since then!

Hating Dialysis since Day 1 and everyday since then!!!!  :)
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:47 AM »

Are you drinking enough, are you dehydrated, that can also cause dizziness.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. Dehydration. Dehydration can make you dizzy. Like you say the lightheaded kinda dizzy. It must be a tricky situation to contend w/. You may be dehydrated yet you can only have a certain amount of fluid.  Fluid removed at D can kinda stay with you all day. Sometimes it takes my husband and his D friend the whole day to get it together. MAKE SURE you tell your doctor this. Certain heart conditions can cause this also so it's best to get checked out just to be safe.If you're feeling this way again please, get up sloowly.  Yo uprobably have some low BP going on. That's a reason for the sweating too. You're center said they don't know why this happening? Are they blowing it off or concerned? Gee it'sseems so important the patient has the best D as not to have any of this happen or at least minimze it.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
Jie

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »

I don't think dehydration is the reason. If it is dehydrated, the bp would be low and the dizzy should occur when standing up from sitting.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

I would definitely bring up the possibility of dehydration to the doctor.  Let him rule it out.  We are all so different with our symptoms.   Let us know what the GP says.   I am also surprised your center isn't a little concerned.    Good luck.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »

Have you been to the DR. yet Sulli? Are you feeling any better?  I hope you get this straightened out soon and it's nothing serious.   Let us know!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
sutphendriver

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »

My coordination is also awful since starting dialysis...just walking along and BAM! i'm falling one way or the other.  I some times get light headed when I jump up from bed real fast.  My doc said "well, your on dialysis"  Nuff said i guess.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »