I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Been to hospital again !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Been to hospital again !  (Read 1793 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: August 21, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »

I had to go back for the results of the rest of my tests today , to see why i have been feeling so bad , apart from my hemoglobin of 7.2 ! Despite everything no sign of a virus has shown up , but they did say thats doesnt mean i havent had one . The good news is i think i have , because yesterday i started to feel alot brighter again ! and i hadnt had any treatment. Today  i was given IV iron again , been told to work on my BP so i can have epo and to get my phosphorus down , all they forgot to tell me was how im supposed to work these miracles !!!!! Im back again next week for a check up and more iron , but hopefully i have managed to fight this virus or whatever it was off now , i certainly dont want it again !!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »

Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you can get your bp down soon, to start the epo  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 02:03:45 PM »

:flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: you are the best
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

are you on bp meds?  don't they help you manage your bp?

happy to hear you are feeling better!
 :flower;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

:flower;  Glad you are feeling better. Did they tell you what foods to not eat for phos or tell you to take a binder?

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »

Glad you are feeling better Kickstart.  For the Phos problem remember to take your binders and avoid dairy products.  This also means cream in your coffee unless nondairy.  For the BP watch your fluid so your heart doesn't have to push so much around and ask for a different BP med until you find one that works.

Remember when you go to the Pharmacy only get a few days worth of pills until you know they work...  you can't take them back, but you can fill partial prescriptions.

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 10:52:19 PM »

Good that you're feeling better, hope things continue to improve.  :cuddle;
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »

Thanks for the hints and tips!! I have been on BP meds for ages , the problem is i cant tolerate high doses. We are now trying a mixtue of two now , but i have tried loads ! Im just starting on a new binder because Renagel just gave me terrible indigestion !

Rerun , thanks for phos advice , but cream in my coffee isnt something i do ! I dont drink coffee ! :rofl; As for the tablets , i just get what my doctor gives me , we dont do partial scripts over here (but good thinking if we did!)

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »