I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  ready to give up...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ready to give up...  (Read 6738 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 04:54:45 AM »

Franky2222 - I respect your decision - it is your body and your life and yours to decide what  to do with it.

The only thing I would say, having done 4 and a half years of incentre hemo (5 hour shifts), is that it seems to me that part of your fear is based on a worst case scenario of what MIGHT happen, not what WILL. I was never in a wheelchair, I was able to work almost full time while doing dialysis, and I had enough energy to exercise and enjoy a reasonable quality of life within the restrictions.

Now yes I know not everyone is like that, but there are many members on this site who have been on dialysis far longer than that and do all kinds of things with their lives and do not let dialysis run them.

You complain about the treatment (or lack of it) you're getting in centre, what if you organised to do hiome training so you could manage it all yourself? Would that be an option? Then you'd be sure of how you were being treated?

You said you changed centers 3 times - why? Were they ALL that bad?

Again I can only go on from what I read here that you've posted so maybe I am making some unrealistic assumptions or connections, but again I think you're focusing on outcomes that may never actually occur to you. Dialysis doesn't have to be a slow spiral downwards. The whole idea is to keep you at a stable and functional level. If you aren't getting that you need to talk to your neph about that and get it sorted. Dialysis is to assist you to LIVE. Many examples here exist of those who DO live with dialysis - and live well (way better than I did!).

Again I respect your decision, I am just voicing my opinion which can be taken with a grain of salt or three.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
FRANKY2222

M a rebel

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »

YES, they were ALL that bad!!!!!
And I didn't give ALL the details cause it's hard 4me2type because m legally blind
FRANKY2222

M a rebel

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 06:54:25 AM »

It is now a full week since I stopped HD ,and I feel great!
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 07:09:02 AM »

Sullidog, I asked our home hemo nurse about your question regarding placement of needles and she said it was not a good thing but sometimes necessary until an acess problem is taken care of.  Please keep pushing for them to fix the problem and not just deal with it.   :grouphug;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »

I am sure that we all have had those feelings before, I know I have.  It is the hardest thing I've ever done, just to keep on keeping on.  My prayers are with you.  May God give you strength to put one foot in front of the other to get to dialysis and that all will work out for you.

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »

Well now they are putting my needles very very close together just to get a good bloodflow rate, but isn't needles putting very close together bad for your treatment?

Troy,

My needles have been VERY close to each other for 10 months now as my fistula is still developing. Just ensure that you get a K/tv higher than 1. This is not ideal but at least it is better than nothing.

Hang in there my friend. :grouphug;

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »

It is now a full week since I stopped HD ,and I feel great!

Franky, I am thinking of you and wishing you well.  My prayers are with your. :pray;

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
carol1987

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »

Genlando
Thank you 4taking the time 2write2me.
I have complained over & over,problem is TOO FEW do complain...they r too tired!   
I've lived a good life until I met ESRD and the HELL of treatment centers .
Take care ,my friend. C u in the next adventure,!

I wrote you  a private message. 

Hi everyone!  I missed you all.  I'll make a post to explain.
donna
:waving; Hi Donna!!!

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »