I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 04:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Is your blood pressure under control on D?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is your blood pressure under control on D?  (Read 8796 times)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »

hubbys starts at 128/ 48  goes to 124/46  usually!... Has gone to 109/ 43  but only breefly.... 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »

RESTORER glad to see you posting! I was actually just wondering how you were doing. I was reading older posts and realized I haven't seen your avatar around much.

Anyway about the BP it just seems to be constantly high even on D. Like Monday I walked in with BP around 200/100 and then during D it stayed around the 170s over 90s....it seems to be a rare few times that my BP has gotten low. I thought last weekend that maybe my BP had finally righted its self out but by Monday sky high again...I think I am one of those person that needs to be on NXstage...I can't take going 2 days without D.

xo,
R
Why are you not on Nxstage.......???

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
greg10

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

Forgive me for not noticing this earlier, but you were the one with hemoglobin at 16 g/dL !
That is dangerously high and you should have more frequent testing of your hemoglobin, certainly more than the typical once or twice per month and adjust your Epo accordingly.  High Epo can cause high blood pressure.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/554884
http://www.uninet.edu/cin2000/conferences/vaziri/vaziri.htm

Hi everyone,
 My blood pressure is crazy out of control. 150s to 200s for the systolic and 90 to 100s for the dialystolic. I am freaking out about this and wondering does anyone ever have their blood pressure under control while on dialysis? ..

I am worried b/c my hemoglobin has been 16 lately!!! They stopped the EPO...but I am freaking out that I am going to have a stroke!!!

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »