I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Time to vent...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to vent...  (Read 1780 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »

I'm posting here because I'm going to use the word Dialysis.  Other than that it is just off topic.

Three little things have made ONE big angry me.  First the dialysis machines are so old that they are malfunctioning and I don't feel safe.  They leave too much fluid on, or take too much off, the temperature gets too high and that is dangerous.

Then my renter can't seem to "remember" to pay the extra $10 a month that I requested.  I have a management company and they won't call me back.  So, I sent this month's rent check back to the management company because it did not include the extra $10 and it cost me $5.10 to certify it.  It is not the $10 it is the principal of the thing.  What if it were $100 a month more.  Would she remember that?  How does someone go about turning off the water to the house?

Then, my Home Owners Association (HOA) is still in the hands of the developer and they don't do anything.  I pay $52 a month and they finally plowed after a foot of snow fell, 3 days later when it was 15 degrees and everything had already frozen!  They don't do anything and I can't do a thing about it.  If I don't pay then they can actually forclose on my house.  I don't want to hire a lawyer.  I'd be better off to pay the current crooks.

So, all this has me down and they are just little things.  My access is fine so I should be the happiest girl but I'm just pissed right now.

>:(

casper2636

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »

When some one is peeing in your cheerios, it makes the big struggles that much harder! It's at that point when you want to scream "Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining!" Try to focus on the positive forces in your life, hold you breath, cross your fingers, and know that we're here! I have the same problem with HOA...they stink!
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

I have my annual HOA meeting tomorrow.  I pay $225/month, and we have a Nazi-style HOA.  They want us to take everything off of our front porches (think townhome-style condos with no garages) and can only have pots with live plants in them.  I have a wicker table, and I use it to set things on while I open the storm door, then use my keys to unlock the front door. They tried to fine me for having the table.  I wrote them an email claiming health issues - future fistula placement and chronic back issues.  So far, I get to keep my table. 

There's other issues with mine, of course.  That's just one of them.  The meeting should be a lot of fun!  ::)

Rerun, that is ridiculous that your HOA wouldn't plow the snow until 3 days later!  What happened if an aide car needed to get in?  That happened here a couple of winters ago.  The then condo board voted 2 out of 3 to NOT plow - one of them being one who lived right by the entrance of one of the driveways AND has 2 4 x 4's - but the one who voted for it was the president.  I came home one day to nicely plowed parking, and the board member with the 4 x 4's later resigned.  After the driveways were plowed, the garbage trucks were able to get to the dumpsters and haul away the garbage (finally).  We went *2 weeks* w/o garbage pick-up! (I'm sure you remember that winter. It sucked!)

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
brandi1leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »

I also hate my HOA. They threatened to fine me 200 dollars a day if I didn't replace a patch of grass that had died. It was on the side of my house between two bushes. It was the height of Texas summer. Everyone's grass was dying because we were on water restrictions. I watered every day I was allowed to without getting a ticket. Its ridiculous that they can put a lien on the house if I don't follow their stupid rules.

Hopefully things will get better for you. Sometimes it helps to vent.
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »

I know what you mean about the machines.  Last Friday I came in at 83.5, spent 4 hours on the machine allegedly removing 2 kilos of fluid, and left weighing 83.8!  Seemed like a waste of 4 hours to me.  When I complained to my nurse, he said it had happened once before that somehow the fluid just wasn't removed.  My ankles looked like the Michelin Man!
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 08:59:06 AM »

I dont really understand the HOA stuff or why you have to grow grass and get rid of plant pots ? but sounds like it would drive anyone to have a good rant !!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
woodsman

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »

Thats why i live on 63 acres of very private land and built my own house with my own hands and NO ONE will ever tell me what i can and cannot do. My driveway is 1500 feet long and private and i cannot be seen from the road. HOA no way i would ever let someone dictate the way i live. Why anyone sujects themselves to this is beyond me... but to each his/her own...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »