I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  2011
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011  (Read 4239 times)
murf

« on: December 27, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »

I am so looking forward to the new year. A new start I hope. This year, I have been in hospital five times. My fistula gave way, my back totally seized up, my Left diaphragm collapsed, my heart has shown a few problems, my white blood cells have dropped alarmingly and to top things off, I have been temporally been taken off the transplant list. Just lucky that I am generally an optimist. It has tested every reserve off my well being. So onto the new year with anew hope.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:47:06 PM »

Golly, murf, I'll bet you're glad to see the back end of 2010.  I am going to re-read your post every time I feel glum and remind myself that being optimistic can take a load off of your soul.  Thanks for your post, and have a wonderful 2011.  I look forward to reading about lots of good news from murfworld.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
phyl1215

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

Hoping that 2011 will be a good year for all of us.  :grouphug;

PD 3 yrs.
TX list 4 yrs.
Deceased donor PERFECT MATCH Kidney transplant July 8, 2012

Learning To Dance In The Rain
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »

I do so love an optimist! All luck to you in 2011, Murf. Only a few more days and we're away.... :cheer:

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
PVUgrad

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »

WOW Murf, you certainly have had a "fun" year. NOT!

And I tell people that things could ALWAYS be worse.

Here's to starting off the New Year right with NO hospital visits! :pray;

Some days you are the windshield...
Some days you are the bug.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 11:35:14 PM »

Well, I tell you folks, I am lucky I am an optimist, or I am sure I would be insane by now. 2010 has been the worst year, everyting inside and outside my has broken down, from the cars, to the TV's to the refrigerator, the golf cart, and the oven and now this week, even my paper towl holder, and my bounce dryer bar broke. The roof even sprung a leak the other day too. I am going to kiss 2010 off and am telling my self that 2011 will be better. And I hope it is better for you Murf and for all of our IHD members.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »

I am an optimist also, after a year of ups and a lot more downs I am ready for 2011. One main item on my list of things to do is to get my transplant status from inactive to active by losing weight and start seeing my doctors more frequently.

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:25:26 AM »

Murf, I am also hoping that 2011 will be a good year for all of us!

2010 was not a particularly good year for me as I continued throughout the year
knocking on many doors for treatment in my ESRF & SLE/MCTD,
no positive reply yet... and if there was a reply it was rather off-putting & dismissive.

As a “chronical optimist” I shall continue my campaign in 2011 and hopefully the "right" door opens soon.

That reminds me of the story of a Chinese man who knocks on every door in a town
but no one opens their door to him, it seems the town is deserted...

Every time he turns away from a locked door, his smile gets bigger & broader & full of expectation,
as soon as he knocks at the next door...

One bystander who observes this for a long while goes to him and asks him
why he smiles when no one answers the door, and the Chinese man answers
that every locked door he turns away from brings him nearer to the door which finally will open...

In this spirit I shall continue in 2011...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 03:45:42 AM »

A salutary tale, Kristina. I greatly admire your optimism and hope we both have a better 2011.

Galvo
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 07:00:47 AM »

2011 will be the year that I quit sitting on my thumbs. As soon as the neph's office opens after the holidays, Mom is making an appointment for us to talk about what needs to be done for us to be put on the paired donor list and for me to be transplanted.  I know we both need to lose a bit of weight, and I need one or both of my transplanted kidneys removed.

I also need to talk to my friend who offered me her kidney, to see if she's still willing to be tested or if she's having second thoughts.  Either way, I don't care.  I'm just happy that she offered, cuz she's the first ever to do so.

with all that needs to be done, I'm hoping that 2011 is my last year on dialysis

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »

A salutary tale, Kristina. I greatly admire your optimism and hope we both have a better 2011.

Thank you, galvo, for your kind thoughts...

they are very much appreciated...

Let's hope for good luck in 2011...

Kind regards from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »

Murf, I wish you a Very Happy New Year, I wish that all your dreams will come true (well some of them, the important ones).

Happy New Year
murf

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »

Many thanks for the kind words. Without IHD, I would have gone completely bonkers. It has helped me in three ways: it has allowed me to vent off when I needed to, it has given me great feedback and most importantly, it has shown that although I may have problems, there are so many others who are worse off than me and handle their situation with such courage and dignity. So to IHD, I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
onestronglittlelady

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:29:36 AM »

Reading your post reminds me to keep looking for the blessings, and ignoring the burdens. As my one friend says, God doesn't close a door without giving you a window just big enough to squeeze your butt through. 2010 brought dialysis for both my husband and I. Now we get more than enough quality time together. Hope everyone one of the great people on this site has a brighter 2011.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »

I too am one that has managed to preserve my optimism in spite of some challenges this year.   Along with each challenge came a little miracle.  I am really looking forward to 2011.  My daughter and I are determined to make some serious changes in our diet, our home management, our financial management and our guidance of our two boys.
2011, here we come!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
PVUgrad

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »

A nice to remember is to "Not Sweat The Small Stuff". After all he has been through, we just laugh when people are freaking out over the store being out of their size shoes or something else so trivial compare to what we go through day in and day out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!.

Some days you are the windshield...
Some days you are the bug.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 02:30:48 AM »

Murf.... glad we can help keep you sane and get through this.

Yes, I have my special gift and it is coming along OK for now. Who knows what the future holds - for us all!!!!

My best wishes for 2011 for everyone with whatever struggles you face - and we all have them (me too!).

That's what IHD is here for. Support and Community.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Henry P Snicklesnorter

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 04:53:31 AM »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:00:55 AM by Henry P Snicklesnorter » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »