I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I'm Going to Disney World!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm Going to Disney World!  (Read 1670 times)
Steve-0

« on: December 27, 2010, 05:00:08 PM »

My wife surprised me this Christmas - she's booking a trip for us to Disney World in Flordia.    I'm so excited - I haven't been on vacation "vacation" in years, let alone flown anywhere.   I'm on NxStage system one, so we're going to bring it.  Anyone have any traveling tips for me?

~Steve
brandi1leigh

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »

I'm so jealous. Disney World is my favorite place on earth! If you have any questions, I've done a ton of Disney research about the parks (not so much about dialysis).
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »

Have never been to Disney World, only to Disney Land. You are gonna have a ball, it is amazing to see. Have fun!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:08:50 AM »

Find out if your hotel will accept packages for you before you arrive.  A lot of hotels will not, but I found one and when I was on PD, it was a godsend.  Ship all the supplies you will need to your hotel a week or so before you leave.  Cal them and let them know that it's coming, and ask them to call when it arrives.  Then, when you leave, you only need to take your machine, and enough supplies for one treatment, in case you get stuck somewhere.

I used to ship 5 days worth of PD supplies from Charlottetown, PEI to New York.  I think it was 5 boxes, about 20lbs each for $90 via UPS.  It was the cheapest part of the trip. *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
onestronglittlelady

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »

You may think this is funny, but if you are a Mountain Dew person, take your own! We went to Disney World and they only sell Coke products on Disney property, which is about 30 miles around Disney. If you are a coffee drinker (or anyone in your family) opt for the maker in your room. We thought how far can it be to the lobby for coffee - 3 city blocks from our room! Also, take your most comfortable walking shoes. Plan "nothing" time, so you don't get burned out. Most of all remember you are on vacation, so be sure to relax some of the time!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »