I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 08:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  New Support Group - Caregivers, Dialyzors, CKD and those with Transplants
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Support Group - Caregivers, Dialyzors, CKD and those with Transplants  (Read 2775 times)
M3Riddler

« on: January 27, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »

I am happy to announce the new . As we know, the dialysis journey is challenging as we live longer with kidney failure. Although doing home dialysis gives one a more optimal therapy and the possibilities for a more healthy and productive life, that doesn’t mean everything always goes smoothly. Studies have shown it has had a great effect on lowering depression, that doesn’t mean bouts don’t rise on occasion. Doing more frequent dialysis can also challenge people with episodes of burn out, both for the dialyzor and care partner. Sometimes the best thing to have is a sympathetic ear to talk to, someone who lives and breathes the same issues is even better.

For more info visit Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:12:36 PM by M3Riddler » Logged

Admin of Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook  

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

Gosh Riddler, I sort of thought that was what this site was all about?

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Trikkechickk

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »

I have become kind of burned out on occasions.  A few weeks ago a baby basset hound arrived in my life - problem solved...I put my pups in the kitchen/front hall area, and dialysis has become my "quiet time"!
kimberlyn50

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »

I didn't suffer from burnout as I am new tho HD, but I have been through extreme anxiety......bringing a puppy home next week for my stress......he will be my outlet...something for me.....can't wait

Caretaker for 55 yr old boyfriend who has Type 1 Diabetes 33 yrs; ESRD; Congestive Heart Failure; Neuropathy
New NxStage users
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »