I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 10:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  we didnt get THEE call, but we got OUR call
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: we didnt get THEE call, but we got OUR call  (Read 3308 times)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« on: December 02, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »

Not as exciting as getting a kidney for sure, but for us, its still very exciting.  OUr nxStage trainer just called and on monday (as long as our paperwork arrives intime) we are transfering to the center to have me trained for canulating my hubby, while waiting for the last couple of weeks to train on NxStage..  Im so excited, and scarred, but mostly just so happy to get this thing started..  Just had to share with those who have been there done that.. :yahoo;  Yea!!!

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

I understand!  :thumbup;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

Hey willow, how have you been??? i havent seen you around for it seems a long time.   I wondered where you went or if i was just missing your posts..Anyway, thanks for your responce.  I am so happy to get the show on the road so it was very exciting to get our call.  Long as i got ya here, can i ask you if hubby still doing the daily, or did he go nocturnal?

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

I certainly understand wanting to just get the show on the road. Congrats on this news, Boswife!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »

Wonderful News boswife. Good luck at it too.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »

Great news!!  Home dialysis is the way to go!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »

Ya know Del, we had gone for a meeting about 7months ago about doing home D and were totally a NO on it.  It just scarred us to death.  After being on IHD and reading and asking all my questions we are so confident this time i cant even believe it!!  I am still a bit nervious about monday as it will be my first time doing the canulating, and i just hope i have all the confidence i have in me RIGHT now...lol  We are doing this a bit differently than i think how most  in that i will be learning to cannulate while waiting our turn for the NxStage training, but it's a start and i will have my personal fears calmed enough to be able to have an open mind for the machine..  :embarassed:  thanks for all you alls help   :clap;

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

Hi, Boswife.

I've been fine, just taking a needed breather.

My husband is still doing short daily treatments and feels fine. He doesn't think he could sleep well on nocturnal and our clinic doesn't support buttonholes anyway. We will just keep on doing our daily treatments. The bottom line is that he is very healthy, excellent labs, can eat whatever he wants and has plenty of energy and stamina. He routinely works a 10-hour day chasing preschool children around!

:clap;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »

boswife, I hope you have as good a person showing you how to needle as I did.  I started learning how to cannulate about 2 months before we started training for home dialysis.  I had my date to start - on Monday but when hubby went to dialysis on the Saturday before his nurse that day told me to come in too because I was doing his needles that day!!  I was nervous but he really walked me through it step by step and told me what I would feel when the needle went in the vein. That same nurse had given me some plastic tubing and a needle to practice with.  I have done his needles every treatment since and have never infiltrated him!! I did not learn how to form buttonholes until we actually started training for home hemo.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »

Happy news Boswife...You are on the way to freedom to make your own choices (with some limitations   :rofl; ) .  Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »

Thank you people so much!!  It's so good to hear of EVERYTHING about this experience your willing to share  ;)  I am nerverous but i think im just so ready to get going that it's really helping the nervous part.  Im now thinking that on monday they'll just have me 'canulate' the dummy, but even that wil be a start.. It was a bit sad leaving our center today being our last time there.  We had made some great friends that were sad to see us go.  Onward  :flower;

cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »

Boswife, no worries, I just finished training almost two months ago and everything is going well.  I was a little nervous to but after learning everything, I now am happy that I did it.  I love the freedom I have and the comfort of doing it in my own home.   At first, it will seem like a lot, but as time goes on, you will get it and it will become very easy for you.   I've learned to follow all the rules and do exactly what my trainer taught me.  I'm much happier and will recommend it to all who want to get out of in-center.   Good luck!!!   :yahoo;

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »