I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I have the dialysis itch.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have the dialysis itch.  (Read 4216 times)
Jamie

What's life with out alittle magic?

« on: December 01, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »

Dear fellow renal readers,

High "Phos." thats what I'm talking about. Sitting in the chair for four hours and having high "Phos." can be unbareable man the itching is crazy. It is so easy to get your "Phos." up high and so long to get it back to normal.
  I find this is the worst thing someone on dialysis can go through. Personally I itch the whole treatment and some times it is so bad I have to get the nurse's to take me off the machine early.
  Now don't get me wrong I take my binders but the diet is so hard to follow(this will lead to a different post). But really the itch is really bad. I have also noticed that when I take a hot shower this will also cause the itch to start.
  Through the years the only thing I have found to stop the itch are two things keeping your "Phos." down and getting a transplant and thats pretty well it. No creams, No pills, no praying nothing else. Now this really sucks because the itching gets really bad. I guess we are what we eat (just being funny) what is dialysis with out the itch.....Jamie-G

www.jamiegmagic.com

What's life with out a little magic?
susie q

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »

Yep, phos will do that... I try to be careful but I love milk...so bad.. I itch like crazy all the time..especially my back where i can't reach Lol !!   :P
Jamie

What's life with out alittle magic?

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:16:26 PM »

I love milk and ice cream and candy bars and pretty well every thing else that I'm not allowed to have. I guess it is true when they say " If you want to play you have to pay"
   This is so true when it comes to the renal diet. The diet really dose suck big time Oh well what can you do?......Jamie-G

What's life with out a little magic?
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 06:44:49 AM »

I hope I never get any itch.  To add that to all the things I have to contend with, would be a bit too much.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:57:25 PM »

I hope I never get any itch.  To add that to all the things I have to contend with, would be a bit too much.

Oh you will get the itch someday. It comes and goes just keep your Phosphorus down and you will be alright.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »