I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 08:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Big Helper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Helper  (Read 2990 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: November 17, 2010, 09:14:11 AM »

Im not  sure if im posting in the right spot... Seemed appropriate to me

My son, who is 6 years old, has been such a great help to me, in So many ways. He is an amazing young boy, and I couldnt be more proud and more blessed.
He was born very early, at 26 weeks gestation, due to my health. At the time I had no idea that I had anything substantially wrong with my kidneys, (i knew I had only one...) I never in a million years thought that I would have a child, I was told at a very young age that would never happen for me. When I found out that I was pregnant my doctor then explained that it was not a good idea... I was nearly 4 months pregnant when I found out that I was having this child. A few weeks later, I see my doctor, who informs me I need to be hospitalized and they are taking him as soon as possible. I was terrified, sick, and scared. He was born a tiny 1 pound 6 oz, 11 and 3/4 inches long. He was in the PICU for 2 and 1/2 months. During that time, I found out about my kidney failure.
My son has had to deal with me being sick his entire life as of yet, trips to the hospital, doctors, his own doctors and hospital stays as well. He is a strong boy. I feel terrible bring such an amazing boy through such trials at a young age, but he does seem to be one of the happiest children I know.
He is very polite, and caring, helpful, happy, and amazes me on a daily basis. How was I ever so lucky? So very blessed?
Hes only 6 years old, of course he has his "6year old moments" (sometimes I think he is still in his terrible two's as well! lol)
He has come along way since the tiny little creature I met 6 years ago, growing into a young boy that has made me so Proud to be a mother.
I feel that he has entirely too much weight on his  shoulders having to deal with me constantly not feeling well, but I truly believe he does understand that I love him dearly and we do try to do as much as we can.
He keeps me strong and brings so much joy to my life. I really dont think there is anyone in the world as lucky as me.

I just wanted to share that  ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:41:32 AM by gothiclovemonkey » Logged

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »

What a beautiful blessing he is, and i believe you too are a beautiful blessing to him as well!!  My children (even all grown up now) are my dearest loves of my life, and i think it's wonderful to hear of your love for yours.  Im happy for you, and so glad you were given that special gift.  Makes life worth all the trials just to watch them grow..  Bless you, and that dear boy of yours :-)

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »

What a great looking boy!  Children are such a joy to us mothers and he is blessed to have such as mom as you!   :grouphug;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »

Great boy and great mum!

Galvo
Bruno

TOFF (typical old Fart)

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »

I'm not a mum, I'm a an old bloke, but my two daughters have made my life a delight and my grand children even more so.
It looks like you have a young man to be very proud of. Thank you for sharing with us because whilst this site is a tremendous support, those of with family know that is the rock on which you build your llife.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »

I really enjoyed reading this!  Thank you so much for posting about your son; the photo is lovely!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 12:32:46 AM »

When you think of the twists and turns of life, it stands to reason that a child like that would be born to a Mother who is so loving and so appreciative of him and his special ways. Enjoy this special child as I am sure you do and God Bless his sweet little heart.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:16 AM »

Oh, this is so sweet.  Not only are you blessed to have him, but he's certainly blessed to have you as his mum!

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
billmoria

Living life to my max

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 02:14:39 PM »

Brought tears to my eyes. Your son is lucky!  You are lucky!  Love is the best medical treatment of all.

WMoriarty
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »

Thank you all, He makes my life worth living. I shared it because I felt so very lucky to have something so wonderful to fight for.
I feel terrible, im in the hospital now, and cant be with him! I miss him so much already, last night he told me he needed me to come home, and I couldnt, I wanted to cry. They tell me that I have to take care of me, to take care of him, but I cant be there, when Im here... its crazy!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »