I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Transplant Side Effect
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transplant Side Effect  (Read 3523 times)
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« on: August 18, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »

I don't know how to go about this delicately enough but for the transplant patients out there...were you more horny after your transplant?  A lot hornier per chance?  Is it a side effect of the meds or just the new kidney doing it's magic?  Livecam...feels 14!  ;D
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:57:17 PM »

LMAO @ Livecam, you go boy!!!  To tell you the truth, although i have never had a transplant, i have had ummmmm, more urges??  ummmm more feelings??, all hell, we are all adults here, (well, almost all)  i've been more sexually active since changing over from hemo to PD, scary thing is, i was sexually active then too, now i am just MORE....  (go figure) :)
I just figure i better get it while the gettin' is good  ;)

(sorry folks, cant believe i just said that)  ::)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:19:03 PM »

Well when you get a transplant you get all that energy you were lacking all back as if you have your own kidneys again! I remember it was like day and night for me! Not necessarily the sex part (I mean come on! I was only 16 :P and not like some of these kids today lol) but I definitely noticed a HUGE difference! So it does make sense!

.. and ya it makes sense to feel "more" on PD than on 3X/wk HD. I am not sure about home hemo .. but it does make sense!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Panda_9

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 04:44:04 AM »

When your on dialysis your hormones are decreased so naturally when you get a transplant they should all come back up. When I was on PD and constantly ill, I had no sex drive whatsoever, not a drop. Since starting nocturnal it has improved, but no where near as much as before the kidney failed. I also noticed after coming off antidepressants it came whooshing back and Id never been soo umm horny in all my life lol And the bad thing was, I was single!!!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:41:12 AM »

I have no sex drive. I never really had much of one before my kidneys failed either... and that may be because I was on prednisone from the age of 12-17... and I was told many times by doctors that when taking prednisone our bodies dont put out any or as much hormones to say "hey your horny" because prednisone has something it puts out that makes our body think we already let that hormone out. Hope that made sense. So I was told since I was on it for so many years I may need hormone medicines to help me... but since i am on dialysis and single right now anyways, I dont bother with it... but if after transplant I still dont have a sex drive this time, I'll inquire about them.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »

I have no real problem with the sex drive.. just a problem with the energy to carry it out :(

All I can say is.. if this is a "side effect" bring on a transplant quick smart!!!! Gosh I sadly remember the days of being ABLE to "go all night!" now I just wish I could :(

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »