I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 11:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Nauseous and Vomiting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nauseous and Vomiting  (Read 1809 times)
lunadatura

Fate happens, Destiny is what you do with it.

« on: November 27, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »

So I know that vomiting is on of the symptoms of CKD/kidney failure. I am just curious about other folks on D who also have random bouts of vomiting. I have noticed that some foods - deep fried or greasy meats - can be a trigger. However this was not the case when I had a wonderful thanksgiving dinner only to have it bounce back up 4 hours later at bed time. This time over eating and then lying down may have played a part.

Anyone else noticed a pattern or this is just the odd random event that happens to a body already on weakened by kidney disease?

Diagnosised FSGS via biopsy 11/2006
Started Dialysis 5/2009
hemo-dialysis except 9.09-6.10 = peritoneal then back to hemo
currently in center hemo 3x per week
Evaluation for transplant July 2010
Almost received transplant 8.13
repeated calls and admissions for transplant since then but no kidney yet
3.1.14 got ideal kidney and having exceptional recovery - creatine went from 8.5 to 1.1 in less than 2 weeks.
natnnnat
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:33:36 AM »

As a matter of fact here is a thread about it.
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=19563.msg331297#msg331297

Natalya – Sydney, Australia
wife of Gregory, who is the kidney patient: 
1986: kidney failure at 19 years old, cause unknown
PD for a year, in-centre haemo for 4 years
Transplant 1 lasted 21 years (Lucy: 1991 - 2012), failed due to Transplant glomerulopathy
5 weeks Haemo 2012
Transplant 2 (Maggie) installed Feb 13, 2013, returned to work June 17, 2013 average crea was 130, now is 140.
Infections in June / July, hospital 1-4 Aug for infections.

Over the years:  skin cancer; thyroidectomy, pneumonia; CMV; BK; 14 surgeries
Generally glossy and happy.

2009 - 2013 PhD research student : How people make sense of renal failure in online discussion boards
Submitted February 2013 :: Graduated Sep 2013.   http://godbold.name/experiencingdialysis/
Heartfelt thanks to IHD, KK and ADB for your generosity and support.
casper2636

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »

lunadatura - I throw up all the time. Sometimes during D., sometimes right after and like you, sometimes hours after
I eat (I'm usually amazed that I still have undigested food in my stomach!). It's icky and very disturbing, but I just chalk it up to the side effects of D. The biggest thing I worry about is the enamel on my teeth . If I don't have anything in my stomach, I'll just dry heave and throw up bile, which is the worse! Like I said...I just figure it comes with the D.
brandi1leigh

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »

lunadatura - I throw up all the time. Sometimes during D., sometimes right after and like you, sometimes hours after
I eat (I'm usually amazed that I still have undigested food in my stomach!). It's icky and very disturbing, but I just chalk it up to the side effects of D. The biggest thing I worry about is the enamel on my teeth . If I don't have anything in my stomach, I'll just dry heave and throw up bile, which is the worse! Like I said...I just figure it comes with the D.

Thank goodness it's not just me. Every time I come to this site, I'm so grateful to learn that others share my symptoms.
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:43 PM »

With me, it didn't matter what I ate--or if I ate anything.

But driving a car more than a half mile made me carsick.  Then I would vomit--or if my stomach was empty, I would just retch until the nausea passed.

Fortunately, after a year or so of treatment, the dialysis and the various meds my doc prescribed got my uremia under decent control--and I haven't had "instant carsickness" for a very long time. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »