I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 08:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for answer for you
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for answer for you  (Read 1435 times)
The Lone IT from HM

« on: November 10, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »

Hi all.  I have been picking through all the Topics on the IHD site here and when I find stuff that really makes me unhappy, I ask my nurses.
 Here are a few of the things I have got back.

What I sent:  They have adjusted my dry weight over 3 times in the past 3 weeks. The tech that sets up the machine likes to pull to much off> I am not the only person who cramps and feel like   the ladies across from me if she sets there machine it is most sure of they will get cramps I seen one lady in tears she was hurting so bad. I think it is the techs fault for being trigger happy with the machine

What I asked:   Is there a Dialysis Patent's Bill of Right????  If not, shouldn't there be one?  If I was treated like this guy, There would be real trouble….there has to be someone to report this to, and if there are what consequences could the patient expect.

What I got back: Every facility has to post the pt rights and resposibilities- the area ESRD Networks may have examples of these on line somewhere- but they are pretty generic

NEXT

What I Sent:   I was recently informed I will no longer be receiving carnitor because of bundling. It has helped my neuropathy and blood pressure, I no longer almost pass out during treatment. Do the people who make these decisions ever visit treatment centers? I don't think so. I also read that U.N.O.S. is going to change their criteria for kidney transplants.

What I Asked:  I found this on the IHD message board, do you have insight?  There are two parts here.  I am not sure which the patient would be most interested in…the meds or the changes in criteria.

What I got back:  Everything is changing now that meds are in bundle- cheaper more allergic iron might come back in play, less ESA doses- lots of not good things coming the pts way- all so the big boys can still make their huge bonuses.

The people I work with are experts in this field.  We fight an up hill battle trying to get the one piece of equipment installed that is meant to provide the patient  a GOOD Treatment, and provide the clinic a tool that shows what id happening During and after the time you spend in the chair.  Lori Hartwell use to work for us and is our biggest supporter.

I will continue read and see if there are beter answers from my resourse.  I am pretty proactive about my Health Care, and if I end up in a chair, I will not be the most loved person by the clinic administrators.  If they are going to make money from me, then they are going to damn well earn it.

James C. Reed
Director of Information Systems
Hema Metrics LLc
Office: 801 549-9203
Mobile:801 682-7614
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »