I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 08:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hemo dialysis in pakistan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hemo dialysis in pakistan  (Read 3134 times)
khaliq282

« on: October 24, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »

Hd in pakistan is nt new,in early 80,s it starts in couple Of cities
now n days dialysis units almost n every district.here n pakistan there is no concept of PD.
in pakistan also no concept of health insurance.
so here is lot of expensive of hd. 
1 session of hd averge cost is 35$ .here doctor recmended twice a week fr every hd patiant.but ppls cnt follows the doctor bcoz of lot of expensives.

EDITED: Thread moved to proper section:  – Rerun, Moderator
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:48:46 AM by Rerun » Logged

khaliq
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »

We have medical insurance here in the US, which is good, but if I were to tell you how much one dialysis session costs, I don't think you'd believe me.  It is a lot more than $35.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »

We have medical insurance here in the US, which is good, but if I were to tell you how much one dialysis session costs, I don't think you'd believe me.  It is a lot more than $35.

Yeah I was going to say I think the diaylizer filter alone costs more than $35.

Hd in pakistan is nt new,in early 80,s it starts in couple Of cities
now n days dialysis units almost n every district.here n pakistan there is no concept of PD.
in pakistan also no concept of health insurance.
so here is lot of expensive of hd. 
1 session of hd averge cost is 35$ .here doctor recmended twice a week fr every hd patiant.but ppls cnt follows the doctor bcoz of lot of expensives.

So on hd there do they use reuse dialyzers and tubing or is it new each session?
khaliq282

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:16:42 AM »

moosemom plz tel me hw health insurance work n usa. 
and cost here in pakistan of hd 35$ Is luk nt much there n us.but here n pakistan where minimum averge monthly incom is (6000 rp) 70.5$ Then u cn imagin hw this is much costly 35$ Fr a common person in pakistan.
and every session fr hd they use brand new set of dializer nd tube.nd have proper plant of water,that use by dialysising mechine.

khaliq
greg10

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »

Please refer to this thread on allowable charge per dialysis set by Medicare in the US, which will be about $250 per treatment in 2011,  Medicare pays 80%:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20507.40

What machines are you using? are the tubing and dialyzer produced locally?  You also mentioned some drugs in the other thread that I have never heard of.  I presume they are also produced locally.

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
khaliq282

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »

Here in pakistan used the standerd hemo dialysis mechine.wich importd frm japan,germeny and china.tubes nd dialyzer every time use new nd they r also importd frm japan,korea nd germeny. wer mine dialysis held they use TORY japan company mechine.its  old version but working great.ppls cm fr away cities.

khaliq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »