I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 12:25:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi everyone!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 1734 times)
sophiesmommy

« on: October 20, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »

I am feeling pretty lucky right now, because I am not a dialysis patient. I am the daughter of one. My mom is 83 and has been on dialysis since February. I am going through the ups and downs of all this, for both her and I, as she sometimes does not understand all that is going on. She has a slight case of dementia along with all her other problems. She had a cathad er put in at first and now has the fistula. She is doing alot of bleeding when they take the needles out, been to the doctor they did a ultra sound on her arm and see no reason for the bleeding so, they have changed the size of her needles and cut back on the baby aspirin she had been taking. But, she is still bleeding. They are doing a angioplasty on Monday to make sure something isn't wrong. We have been through so much with all this and I just am just not sure that it is all worth it for her. She is living in a nursing home and is much better than those around here, but, deep down inside I know this is just a bandage and she will die from it, or her heart problems or her aneurysm in her head. I just am confused.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »

G'day sophiesmommy, and  :welcomesign;. God bless your Mum! Aged 83, in a nursing home, slight dementia and does not understand all that is going on, heart problems, aneurysm and now on dialysis. Oh dear!

I understand your confusion and worry. In her more lucid moments, can you have an honest discussin with her about her conditions and her future. A very personal problem, and one on which I cannot and will not give advice. Other people on site have experienced similar circumstances, and I hope they respond to you.

As I said, God bless your Mum, and you also.

Galvo
sophiesmommy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »

Thank you for your reply, Galvo.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »

Welcome to our community! I am so glad that love and concern for your Mom brought you to us.  This is an excellent place for information, support and encouragement.  We have quite a few people here who are loved ones and caregivers.  We even have a section where you can discuss your particular situation.  Please consider this as your new family  :grouphug;  - a wonderful group of caring and sharing people.  You just keep reading and keep posting, letting us know how your mom is doing.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:25:27 AM »

Sophie, hang in there.  I know you will learn a lot from our site.  Your Mom is in a tough place with dementia and all. 

You are in my  :pray;

Rerun, Moderator          :welcomesign;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »