I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  introduction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: introduction  (Read 1638 times)
oralia

« on: October 21, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »

hello my name is oralia, i just started dialsysis 8 wks ago and i hate it.....i am 42 yrs old otherwise healthy hispanic female. i work full time in the medical field. i have been diagnosed w iga nephropathy 10 years ago and i fiinaly came to the end stage of renal failure. i am a very active person and very independent, but i have suddenly lost that now being on dialysis, my family feels that they need to drive me everyware i go. and take me to dialysis 3 times a week, and i hate it. i wish i could just get in my car and drive. i have lost my independence. i am waiting for a kidney transplant i am on the swap program and i sure hope it is soon, because i hate dialysis.....
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »

There are a lot of elements that make ESRD so difficult; ESRD means the loss of quite a lot of things.  Are you well enough to drive yourself to and from dialysis?  Or is it more of a case of driving you to your treatments is something your family feels they want to do for you?  I couldn't tell from your post.  If you are well enough to drive and it is something you want to do, then you should.  My mom drove herself to and from dialysis, and she was in her 80's...she hated depending upon anyone else, although occasionally she did enjoy being chauffered about!

There are a lot of IHD members here who are still active despite their dependence upon dialysis; it's all a function on how well you feel physically.

Lots of us, too, are awaiting transplantation.  You'll find many people just like you here on this forum.  So glad you joined!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »

Welcome to our community, Oralia!  I am glad that you found us.  This is a great place for information, support and encouragement.  Yes, we hate dialysis, but we are glad that it keeps us alive.  You have now found a new family here :grouphug;   We will be with you all the way, if you let us.  Just keep reading and keep posting.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »

G'day Oralia and :welcomesign;.

Galvo
sgcline

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »

:welcomesign;

10/8/10 - Diagnosed with kidney failure.  Determined was born with small kidneys.
2/9/11 – Pre-emptive kidney transplant.  My sister was my living donor.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »