I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Nocturnal or Extended.... still waiting..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nocturnal or Extended.... still waiting..  (Read 2302 times)
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« on: October 12, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »

I am still waiting on my Clinic to get with the program...  the extended program... My Doctor and I have been working on this for months.....I have good Insurance ( Kaiser ) and everything is Ok with them   and has been for months....  My doctor is even the Medical director at this clinic......  I have everything to start, the right cartridge, soln, the plan...  everything but the pump.... I gave the clinic all the info and what is needed..... gave this to my doctor.....  The   Damm clinic  hired a new Medical director last month who oversees all the clinics thru out the U.S.    He says  that he needs time to review why we need to do extended......    and just think   He came from Davita.....    I thought this was going to be pretty straightforward... given that my Doctor is all for this....So   My doctor is writing a letter to this new Vice President Medical director and see if we can get this done..... I am so thankfull that my Doctor is so proactive......

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:50 PM »

am i right that when you say extended you mean over night???????  Can you clarify if ya got time.  ALL this stuff really interestes me.   I cant believe how some things can take so dang long when it seems an easy 'go'.  Hoping something has happened for ya...

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
silverhead

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

I believe that NxStage is not authorized by Medicare to offer "Nocturnal" Dialysis, but many centers get around this by doing "Extended" sessions. Same outcome, different wording.......

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »