I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Is this a symptom of being too dry?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this a symptom of being too dry?  (Read 2018 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: October 30, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »

D day today ..HD going well still but 4 hours not!  Im still getting very dry towards the end of my run (but i know the fluids there) the only good thing is the refill later at night isnt happening so quickly. Well today i got the usual signs , drop in bp, tight band round head , dizzy. But then the strangest thing , my mouth went completely dry , i mean bone dry , i couldnt swallow, i could hardly speak my tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth and my lips where sticking together they where that dry. I have never seen a nurse move so fast to get me off but couldnt explain this. Its never happened before , i didnt even get cramps. When i got my washback my mouth started to get a bit better but it took about 15 mins for it to return to normal and i was producing enough saliva to swallow. Whats going on ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »

holly crap!!  now that s scarry!  hope someone will have an answer to that.  I know that i questioned one of my favorite techs about this 'sort' of thing.  He suggested  that hubby get a bit of exercise just before D.  He said it helps get the fluids back into the system so they can be taken out easier.  (He had been cramping prior to this but still showed swelling that wasnt comming off)  Anyway, made sence to me and seemed to work.  Mabie your fluids were just not available to be drawn even though they were there.. 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:31 PM »

I always keep a handful of candies with me, to keep my mouth from getting too dry, but I've never had my mouth go totally dry like that.. That's scary

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Bruno

TOFF (typical old Fart)

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:22:15 AM »

I've never had your symptom but I get so hoarse I can barely speak. It usually means I've gone too close to the wall.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »

Yeah this was a strange one for me , it was almost as near as the dentist giving you lidocane? my lips went totally rubbery but it was the dryness that got me most.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »