I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Calcium deposits...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calcium deposits...  (Read 11297 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »

Has anyone else ever developed calcium deposits in their stomach,  they are so painful, i have been taking 800 mg of Motrin which helps (a little) but if there is something else i can possibly do to ease the pain a little more i would love to try it... any suggestions :P please :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:50 PM »

Goofynina,

Sorry, no  suggestions but

How were they discovered?

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:13:50 AM »

Sorry hun, I can't offer any suggestions. I have sores on my skin all over my body which they say are from calcium deposits and they hurt... they gave me prescription pain meds, they don't offer to much help either.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

umm... at the risk of sounding ignorant .. what is the difference between calcium Deposits and Calciphylaxis?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
JerseyGirl

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »

To my knowledge, nothing.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »

Goofynina,

Sorry, no  suggestions but

How were they discovered?

they are lumps under my skin that are kinda hard and very sore to touch,  i have a dr. appt. on the 17th hopefully he can help me further... i'll keep you all posted, k,  love ya  :-*

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:11:44 PM »

oohh, sorry to hear that goofynina.

i have a few spots on my torso, but they dont bother me.  they are real small.
i did have a calcium deposit on my middle finger (right hand) and it moved to the tip. ( this was about 4 yrs ago) it came to the surface and i drained it all out.  i told my neph about it and he asked me if it was gritty.  i said yes, and he said it was a calcium deposit.  ive also had a calcium deposit drained by a doc, out of my left elbow.  Now that hurt ! ! !

sorry, i know that doesnt help you.

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 09:58:38 PM »

umm... at the risk of sounding ignorant .. what is the difference between calcium Deposits and Calciphylaxis?

The difference is that the "Calcium Deposits" are under the skin and cause lumps and bruising. Calciphylaxis affects the top layer of your skin and causes sores that left untreated can cause death. I used to get "Calcium Deposits" all over my body before I had my para-thyroids removed, they hurt like a bitch when you get them "In" your joints (it happened to me a lot). It feels like someone is stabbing you with a knife, I used to have to walk (when I could) with crutches. I would have to get "steroid" shots in my joints to get the pain to go away. Until a doctor said try Motrin 800mg and that used to be my miracle drug, after 2 or 3 of those pills the pain went away.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »

Has anyone else ever developed calcium deposits in their stomach,  they are so painful, i have been taking 800 mg of Motrin which helps (a little) but if there is something else i can possibly do to ease the pain a little more i would love to try it... any suggestions :P please :P

Sorry  I hope this goes away and you feel better soon. :(
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 03:55:48 AM »

The difference is that the "Calcium Deposits" are under the skin and cause lumps and bruising. Calciphylaxis affects the top layer of your skin and causes sores that left untreated can cause death. I used to get "Calcium Deposits" all over my body before I had my para-thyroids removed, they hurt like a bitch when you get them "In" your joints (it happened to me a lot). It feels like someone is stabbing you with a knife, I used to have to walk (when I could) with crutches. I would have to get "steroid" shots in my joints to get the pain to go away. Until a doctor said try Motrin 800mg and that used to be my miracle drug, after 2 or 3 of those pills the pain went away.

- Epoman
Thank you Epoman!  :2thumbsup;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »

- Epoman

That's weird that you describe it like that... because I have sores all over my body.. mostly on my lower legs, but I have them on my back and ears and thighs and hands and fingers and arms.... when I asked my PD nurse about it, he said they were "Calcium deposits" and theres nothing I can do to make them go away or to help them. The way you describe it though I have Calciphylaxis... I see my Neph the 28th... so I will ask for a definate answer then.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »