I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 04:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  A Suspected murderer who tried to commit suicide gets transplant...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Suspected murderer who tried to commit suicide gets transplant...  (Read 6539 times)
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »

I absolutely believe this story is true.  If people who aren't even citizens of this nation can get transplants, why not murderers?  The story was retracted because both parties, the newspaper and the hospital, are covering their asses.

I'm kind of a hard stickler when it comes to transplants.  If you were born with a condition that damaged your kidneys, its not your fault.  If you eat yourself into oblivion, abuse drugs or alcohol, or fail to manage your diabetes, why should you expect to get a transplant before someone who is playing by the rules?

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
bountyhunter_ga

I love to cook

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 05:33:04 AM »

You are all right how can we as a people believe anything in the press until honor is restored to this country.As long as a reporter would sell his sole for a story, maybe its true or not who knows.

This Country is the finest in the world and I don't know anywhere I'd rather be than in America, we just need to sort through a few bumbs in politics so we can smell the apple pie again.

Bountyhunter_ga
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 07:29:50 AM »

I dont think they should get transplants, bbut denying them dialysis wouldnt be right. I cant imagine the body dying because of that. I went 2 weeks, during a depression bout, without any treatment, and i felt like a bullet to my brain would be a good idea at that point. I couldnt move, I couldnt breath, I couldnt even think straight. It was terrible. My lips turned blue and i couldnt inhale. It was terrible, and I dont believe anyone would deserve that, even if they are getting the death penalty.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »