I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  dialyser
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dialyser  (Read 1770 times)
dtandukar

« on: June 27, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

dear all,

what effect does the dialyser has? I saw F7 and FB150T used in the dialysis here in the dialysis center where my father get dialysis.

Earlier the used dialyser was F7 and it is re-used. Now due to some problem, my father discard the dialyser each time and they have changed the dialyser too - it is now FB150T.

Best regards,
Deependra
totosidney

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

I am not an expert on the scientific properties of the filters. Technically I can not answer your question. It is a question your doctor should be able to answer.Cleaning and reusing the filters is a common practice but is becoming less common.The argument for reuse was that"higher quality" filters were too expensive for single use. I don't think that argument holds today. Some patients are sensitive to the cleaning agents in reused filters and some patients are sensitive to new filters and not reused filters. There is no big difference in most patients. But, by all means, ask the doctor. .. Sid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »