I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Donor Evaluation: First Opinion good.. second opinion bad... what next?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donor Evaluation: First Opinion good.. second opinion bad... what next?  (Read 11467 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 03:02:19 AM »

Thanks Paris - that's sweet xox.

I guess with all the positive stories and outcomes for folks on here someone had to even up the score a bit... :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 03:17:10 AM »

Just caught the end of this thread Richard. So Sorry. But at least now you know, and that your sister and brother did try for you, a lot more than some other people can say about their relatives on here.Anyway here's more Hugs to add to your collection  :cuddle;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 07:30:09 AM »

woohoo.. can never get too many hugs.

Yeah Tamara it's interesting you say that because the transplant co-ordinator came to visit me today at Dialysis to sort of de-brief over what happened and she made the same point that some families.. nobody wants to give that sort of gift so I was specially lucky to have both siblings want to and try but badly unlucky it didn't work out.

Anyhoo I'm doing OK now... just waitin for that ol' phone call I guess!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
keefer51

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »

Richard, I am sorry to hear of your problem. I have to ask you a stupid question. Have you given any thought to going to another hospital? Is that even an option? They have made transplant so much easier now i am somewhat surprised they wouldn't go through it. My brothers girlfriend had some thoughts of donating to me she has two children. I have asked her to think about it and get back to me. I brought up the fact that if needed she may be a donor for one of her kids. My brothers blood pressure was the same as your sisters. Sometimes fate has a funny way of dealing with things. Perhaps in the future your sister may have a child and have to donate. We just don't know. Hell i believed i would only be married once!!

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »