I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  We wish we could have stayed there...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We wish we could have stayed there...  (Read 2975 times)
P8tience

~Hubby's Support Bra~ Ha Ha~

« on: February 25, 2010, 12:25:36 AM »

Hi !  First of all lets get to the where:  Fresinius Medical center
                                                           200 River Road, Eugene Oregon

These guys are the real deal.  They all cared about Ron and myself.  they went out of there way to be helpfull when we were not doing so well.  The social worker there worked hand in hand with the "Welfare" system and helped me get what we needed and deserved.  The front office staff were carring, they didn't just sit behind the big glass window and watch you like a bunch of goldfish in a bowl.  the chatted with you while you waited or helped you find a place you needed to go.  they even would help us find what pharmacy had renagel when Ron needed it!  The back office was even better.  The technicians treated you as a friend and not as a number to stick a needle in.  The guys and or girls would sit down and have a converstation with you,  make sure you were confortable and go out of there way to make sure you had what you needed at home as well as at the unit.

Where we are now, they are as dry as toast and never have a smile or conversation for you. They also have made him feel like he is waistfull because he chose not to do the reuse thing.  Its his choice its his body!   I think that is why he is doing so poorly here in Reno.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:26:54 AM by P8tience » Logged

Caregiver to My husband, In-center Hemo 2007
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »

Dialysis centers should all provide the same level of care expectations, but obviously, that's not the case.

The only reason I've stayed at my job is because the Dialysis center is top notch.  Its almost like a fabled treasure hunt searching for a good clinic.  The problem is the economics of medical staffing are against us presently.  There's more demand than supply of trained technicians, so people with less skills are being hired just to fill job openings.

There needs to be a national oversight committee that advocates for patient rights.  They should be visiting every clinic across the nation on a regular basis.

Being a Dialysis patient is insufferable enough without the staff making us feel like neglected children.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »

My center is going downhill as well. Only dressing changes and cleaning of catheters once a week, staff not listening to you and mine don't even listen to the doctors half the time. So I know how you and Ron feel.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »