I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Pressure Pod
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pressure Pod  (Read 2612 times)
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« on: February 18, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »

I had problems last night with the pressure pod.... I noticed that the blood in the pod would decrease and my arteral pressure would go down to 99..... this would take about a half hour for the pod to look like it was almost empty and the arteral pressure to go down.... NO alarms..... Then I would reset the pressure pod and my arteral pressure would then be up to 160 or so and every thing was fine... and then within a half hour or so the it would happen all over again ......this happened 4 times last night on my run of 4 hours.... Venius pressure would also decrease but not alot and also would return back to normal range after the pod was reset...... So.... Has anyone else experience this....and why and what do I do....

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »

This works for me, I do not hook up the pod until after the priming is done and just before I insert the needles, standing in front of the machine I insert the pod fitting into it's receptacle and twist it counter-clockwise to as tight as possible, then put the lock ring on tightly, very -  very rarely do I have to reset it by doing it this way......

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Malibu

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:20:35 AM »

MM's pressures have always decreased through every session.  In the beginning they are high but decrease slowly through the treatment.  90 is not too low for A pressure.  I wouldn't worry about it.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »

It's annoying to have to reset that sucker!

We learned not to connect it until after spiking the saline bag even though our manual said to do it before spiking. Like Silverhead says, it is important to give it a good twist.

Kathy, you are a great problem solver!  :2thumbsup;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »