I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 12:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Wow..... Thank you VERY much Paris!... A lovely surprise!....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow..... Thank you VERY much Paris!... A lovely surprise!....  (Read 5280 times)
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »

Well... Last Friday I was assisting my mum with something, and I missed the postman... There was one of those little 'Sorry, we couldn't deliver' notes on the mat...

So I went to the Delivery Office this morning to pick it up... It was a package from Paris...

Inside the package, individually wrapped was a small mountain of lovely goodies!!!!!....

Give life pen, Pencils, Pen, wristband, keyring, Luggage label (LOVE that... Bright green.,.. Can't miss my suitcase with that on it!).... Great IHD pencils and an IHD badge (Mum has relieved me of those!)... IHD sticker (Mum has also commandered that.. It's going on the back of her wheelchair!)...

Lovely notebook, and notlets and envelopes.. perfume (Mum has also relieved me of that!)... Raleigh keyring...  Cross shaped broach.... Cute Doggie shaped Marshmallows (Mum's munching on one of them as I write!)... VERY cute cuddly doggie...

And a big bag of Beef and Cheese Flavour doggy treats for Dougal... So nice of people to remember the hound.... Very much appreciated..... By the way, he LOVES them... Mum gave him one a minute ago, and he's barking at her for another!...

But Folks, I have to tell you.... Paris tried to KILL me!!!!!..... Yes... Wouldn't you think butter wouldn't melt in her mouth???...  But I kid you not!... She sent the equivelent of the smoking gun.... In the package, there were two LOVELY little kidney shaped tins of jelly beans... They look and smell lovely... But they have a nut allergy warning on the tin!!!!.... Paris... Why are you trying to bump me off???.... Have you and Mum been discussing the possibility of sharing the Life Assurance payout???.... :rofl;... Of course I don't need to tell you, Mum is REALLY enjoying those beans!!!....

Now that's TWO IHD members who've tried to kill me... Am I detecting a pattern, here???... :rofl;

Thanks again, Paris.... This was a lovely surprise...

God bless...

Darth....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:38:41 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:24:31 AM »

I hope you don't think Paris and I got together to try to get rid of you!! :rofl; :rofl;  At least I just sent dog treats that had a nut allergy alert!!  LOL.  :rofl;  Carolyn we love you and would never try to hurt you.- wellll not on purpose anyway!!  :rofl;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »

Hee Hee!!!!!...

First Del tries to kill me by sending dog biccies for the hound with a nut alergy warning on the pack.... Before anybody asks, No, I didn't handle them... Left dispensing them to Mum.... Not that brave!....

Then Paris goes one step further... Sends me Jelly beans with a nut allergy warning.... Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!...... It's not safe around here!....

I'm convinced that you horrible lot are in cahoots with Mum to share the Life Asurance payout!!!....

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

And yes Del, to be fair to you, it wasn't intended that I eat the item you sent with the nut allergy warning printed on it, it was on the Doggy Treats.... But Paris has stepped the situation up a notch.... The beans are intended for human consumption.... Hee Hee!!!!.... By the way, Paris... Mum has just finished one of the tins.... She says that those jelly beans are delicious!!!... She also says 'Thank God you can't eat them... All the more for me!'.... Thanks Mum, I love you too!....   ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:46:17 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »

I am so glad the package arrived.  It got there quicker than I expected.  We thought you well deserved some suprises-- a little late for Christmas!!   But we wanted you to know how important you are to IHD and we felt so bad your Secret Santa gift never arrived.  I looked at all the different doggie treats to see which one had warning labels.  I never thought to look at the jelly beans!!!    Thank goodness you read labels!  You deserve many good things because you are so good to others.  Glad you all enjoyed everything.    :2thumbsup;    :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:41:34 AM »

Well, just how much is that life assurance worth????? Maybe we could get together and um just send you a little surprise, hmmmmm, or something?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »

Well, just how much is that life assurance worth????? Maybe we could get together and um just send you a little surprise, hmmmmm, or something?

Put it this way, Jean..... I'm worth an awful lot more dead than alive!... :rofl;

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

Not to me!!  You are worth much more living and breathing  ----- or would that be wheezing?  (sorry-bad joke!)    My little guy, Jack (5) is here with me and he just found a tin of the sour sweets you sent and he is happily sucking on one!    :bandance;   He just clicked on the banana because he think it is funny! Better end this before there is a whole post of smilies!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »

You are worth much more living and breathing  ----- or would that be wheezing?  (sorry-bad joke!)

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

No it's not!... I've had a bit of an asthma flare-up today, so I AM wheezing!!!!!.... That's what happens when I go into hysterical laughter, I get wheezy!.... I was laughing at your attempt to bump me off with the jelly beans!..... :rofl;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »