I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 06:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  feel like I cant cope..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: feel like I cant cope..  (Read 9122 times)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »

gotta do something fast here.  I feel a major depression coming on.  I try.  Most of you know I try.  I'll find something to get me out of it though.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »

Dan..... we are all here for you .... so just let us know when and where..... if you are not good  I will truck down with hubby  ( he is on his way to Kileen TX righ now and will be going back every two weeks for awhile )  and have to just take you out and kick your every loving...... well  it wont be that bad......   it will be fun....LOL...  any way......   We love you   and  we are all here for you    DAN

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »

come on kathy.  i can handle you.  usually only last a couple of hours for me.  I spent so much times in younger days fighting depression that I've pretty well developed a bunch of skills that help me through it.

Once I could quote the 23 Psalm in french.  Or should this be posted in the "is there God " thread.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »

Yes   Please post that there.....   anything but.......  what is there......  another language will do.....

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »

Once I could quote the 23 Psalm in french.  Or should this be posted in the "is there God " thread.

New rule (as per Petey): Only one person at a time is allowed to quote the Bible in great length to us (and with detailed explanations of what it means -- as if we can't figure it out for ourselves!!!).  And, it's not your turn, Dan!   :rofl;

On the serious side...

gotta do something fast here.  I feel a major depression coming on.  I try.  Most of you know I try.  I'll find something to get me out of it though.

I'm here -- always here if you need me, Dan!  Love you!

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »

Good idea about the facebook in French Monrein - I did that a few months ago, and it is definitely helping.  Although, I am still a bit worried when I have to read instructions to do anything!  We could just start a random thread with a French title couldn't we?  And then anything goes in it as along as it's French.  People who are fluent could help us that aren't.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »

New rule (as per Petey): Only one person at a time is allowed to quote the Bible in great length to us (and with detailed explanations of what it means -- as if we can't figure it out for ourselves!!!).  And, it's not your turn, Dan!   :rofl;

:urcrazy; petey making new rules huh?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:06 AM »

...just my feeble attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor, Karol.  Apparently, you didn't get it.  I must be doing something wrong.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

...just my feeble attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor, Karol.  Apparently, you didn't get it.  I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah, I got it... you just didn't get my humor!!  :waving;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
vivisfab

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

Hey Lou, Thank you so much for writing this. I have been on dialysis for about the same time you have and I have been feeling this way this past week. It kind of 'crept up on me'. You were able to vocalize what I've been feeling. I wish I had an answer for this, but let me share with you the simple advice a friend gave me: "it is only a feeling, it will pass'. As for being depressed, having kidney failure sucks, we would be morons to not be upset about it. What helps me, is to not think about it too much and live day by day. Of course it is hard not to think when you are weak all the time and lying around, but remember that kidney failure or not everyone has good and bad days, ups and downs in life. We are not in an easy situation because we are mourning are old lives and trying to figure out our present ones. I was reluctant to see someone, (psychologist, counselor) but am considering it. My initial reaction was that I would be a fool not to feel this way and what could somebody say that could possibly make me feel bette? But the answer will always lie in you, perhaps this is a test of our perserverance or maybe it is just a really bad deal. Either way, attitude counts for a lot. You help me because I remember that i am not alone. Neither are you. Hope you feel better.
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »

I too have had ups and downs, more ups then downs but they're there. I also just take one day at a time and thank god for his wonderful blessings.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »