I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 05:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Helping Hearts for Friends
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Helping Hearts for Friends  (Read 2972 times)
YLGuy
Elite Member

« on: January 14, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »

It has been hard to make ends meet since my kidneys failed.  One of the fathers in the Guides program with me also had a son on the same Pop Warner football team as my son.  His wife is on the board for a foundation called Helping Hearts for Friends.  They have signed me up and sent the following emails out to the community:

Huya my Brothers!

Spread the word.

We now have another excellent way that we can further help the Burling family. You all know of the difficulties facing them and we can come together and help out our Brother who has given soo much to our program. He is a Great Chief, a Great Nation Sachem, and a Great Friend to us all.

Dan Devlin of the Comanche has arranged for them to be part of a small local charity operation called Helping Hearts for Friends. Please see below and the attached for more information regarding the organization and event.

Sorry for the short notice, but the first event will be a poker tournement next Friday, January 22nd. Please find the attached information.

Lets try to get at least 20 people attending the event to help support our Brother!

Please pass this info along to anyone who knows Marc or who you know might be interested, PIGS especially.

Thanks

Chief Flattop

To save time I wrote a little bit below.  Please feel free to change it and more importantly add a personal comment about Marc.  Please CC when you send out the e-mail.

THANKS!!!

Jill

I’m lookin’ for some poker players!  Helping Hearts 4 Friends (www.helpinghearts4friends.org) is a small non-profit providing financial support to families that have been afflicted with serious illness or injury.  They are committed to raising money and working together in our community to make a difference. This year they have chosen Marc Burling and his family as a Helping Hearts family.  For those of you who don’t know, Mark was diagnosed with kidney failure last March and has spent several days a week on dialysis since his diagnosis.  He is on the transplant list and is hopeful that his new kidney will become available soon but until then he is on dialysis several days a week.  Marc has always given to the community – Indian Guides Nation Chief, Pop Warner Manager…etc and it is our chance to give a little back.

I would like to invite all of you to attend this poker tournament for a good time for a great guy.  It is part of an annual event that includes dinner and then poker starting at about 7PM.  Attached you will find information about the organization and the upcoming event to raise money for Marc.  For every person that pre-registers and pre-pays, 100% of the net profit will go directly into the Marc Burling Helping Hearts account for Marc and his family.   This is a fun night of poker and socializing with great people wanting to make a difference in their community.  Please mark your calendar for January 22 and rsvp by to January 17th.  Detailed info attached.

See you there.

http://helpinghearts4friends.org/index.htm

I am very lucky to be surrounded by so many people who care about me and my children. I would have to say blessed.

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »

I wanna come play poker!!!!  Damn - too far away.  What a wonderful support thing to do for you.  You deserve it!

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:10 PM »

How wonderful for you and your family Marc, this is really great.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »