I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Ooooo my poor head !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ooooo my poor head !  (Read 2710 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: September 08, 2009, 06:51:28 AM »

I had to come off an hour early today ..migraine or what ! I have had a few bad heads so far but nothing like today , i couldnt even look at people, i had to sheild my eyes. I dont think its dialysis though ! ,its the bright lights , also we have our tvs mounted to the ceiling so you are constantly staring upwards and into the bright lights if you want to watch tv. I made the mistake of watching tv the first time but now i dont, but i still cant stand the bright lights in the unit , the only thing i can think of is getting some sunglasses ? as they dont turn the lights off. Boy do i feel sick  :puke;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:04:01 AM »

:grouphug; :grouphug;

Migraines are just awful. I hope the sunglasses help.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »

For 6 months I was on hemo before going back to PD, and like you I got nasty headaches.  I began wearing my sunglasses inside and the headaches went away.  Good luck!
d-man

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »

I get them some times but it's form high blood pressure  for me. My neck kills me if I try to watch the tv but we just go the net at my clinic so I just use hulu. good luck I hope the sunglasses work
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »

This is one reason I take my own laptop in - I can watch what *I* want and I'm not staring up at the bloody TV with the fluro lights in the way.

You could try an eye mask also? might help you sleep a little?

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »

Yes, try some sunglasses.

*kana*

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:04:29 PM »

I bought a portable DVD player and joined Blockbuster.com's mail order DVD's. 

I used to get a headaches from the lights and just holding my head in the same place for 4 hours.  Hope you feel better! 

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

Can you guys that bring your laptops to D  do they let you plug in ... or do you have to just use your batteries......

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

I plug mine in.

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »

Actually it was pretty funny - one day I had my laptop and one of the nurses came and asked if she could watch a DVD she had to watch for her classes. Turns out it was a tutorial on the history of dialysis. I actually enjoyed it. I don't think she enjoyed it much because I kept making rude comnents about the "sausage skin" dialyser of the 1940's  :rofl;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 01:05:29 AM »

Thanks guys , we do have dvd players and a laptop at the unit! (and being the youngest there i seem to be the only one that can use them  :rofl;) But the lights still get me , they are right over the beds so you just cant avoid them. I still have the migraine today even after loads of tablets , so im going to go armed with sunglasses  and see if that helps.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »

When I did haemo I plugged mine in too.  But they've moved to a new unit so I don't know how it works there now.  They'd better have wifi or i'm not shifting to haemo!  Ever ha ha.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 03:35:43 AM »

Hope the sunglasses help  :cuddle;
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 08:27:30 AM »

Kickstart, stop watching the bloo**y tele, take a book or an mp3 player, ok with sunglasses on. So sit there, sunglasses on, book on lap, mp3 player plugged in and sing your heart out. Dont forget the paracetamol. :yahoo;
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »

billybags .. i only watched tv once ! Ive been out and bought a Nintendo (big kid!) or do i fancy braintraining  :rofl;  Its just the lights set me off, just being in that room , anyway got sunglasses for tomorrow so fingers crossed !

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »

Try braintraining, only kidding. If you are up at 4-30 in a morning I would try sleeping, Alan is also up early at 5-30 and we only live a 10 minute drive from unit. They pick him up at all times. A four hour "work out" normally takes over 6 hours.  :Kit n Stik;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

Can you guys that bring your laptops to D  do they let you plug in ... or do you have to just use your batteries......

when i take a lap top they let me plug it it, but then i'm on nocturnal and we don't always follow the rules, the night nurse pretty much does what she wants and she's very good to the patients. we have a guy who uses a dvd player and i haven't noticed any cords so i think he runs on batteries.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »

Yes its around dinnertime when i get home ! Trouble is i cant sleep through dialysis, no matter how i try ! (to much noise!) Anyway ive phoned the unit tonight to see if i can go in what we call 'the snug ' because i still have the remains of the migraine today. Its a small side room as opposed to being in the main area , so that way i can have the lights off for most of the time (there is a window, so at least its natural light) however i dont know how long they will let me use it for , there is no priorty over who goes in there so maybe they will be sympathetic and let me go in there long term? and the tv is on the wall !  :2thumbsup;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »