I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  TOTALLY unacceptable behaviour
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TOTALLY unacceptable behaviour  (Read 9641 times)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »

Lucinda please do not leave because of that one person!!!  Ignore what they said in the pm - just tell them you are entitled to your opinion and to butt out!!!  I would just block that person from sending me anymore pms.  Sure hope you talked to the admins so that person can at least be warned that this behavior is unacceptable!! 

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
LightLizard

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 12:06:12 PM »

the nature of our condition is that sometimes we are just too sensitive to the words of others, and often, we have a tendency to over-react in response to the words of some.
i figure if i have made someone angry with my words, they were probably angry to start with and are just reacting to my words out of their own frustration. it has nothing to do with my words and everything to do with their misery.
to pm you and put you down is something that only a few are stupid enough to do on this site.
those are pretty good odds, considering that there are quite a few members on the site, hey?
there's bound to be a turd amongst the roses, sometimes.
don't leave lucinda. why let a turd control your actions?
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

I agree Lucinda.
You shouldnt let one person who sits in there own self pity knock you out of the place you come to to talk and share good or bad, even sad times.
Plus you were here long before they were.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
LightLizard

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »

hey PK, what do you think of home P/D?
i've been doing it for about two years now, and i've pretty much come to the conclusion that i would prefer to stay on dialysis rather than get a transplant.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »

But also remember that we are like a family.  In real life we have fights too - and this is a good one!!  I have said terrible things to my family at times over the years - I've thrown a drink in mys sister's face, I've slammed my mother's front door so hard that I smashed the entire pane of glass, I ran over my other sister's foot deliberately with the car -  it doesn't mean I never speak to them again.  We forgive each other and move on.  Actually - that's a good idea for a thread - things you have done in anger ... fess up people!!

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Okay, Hanify, remind me not to get you mad unless I'm wearing steel toed boots!

Honestly, Lucinda, ignore the trolls!  Stick around, we need you here!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »

Good post Hanify.  We all say stupid things.  I could say one thing to several people and there could be one who interprets what I said totally wrong.  Especially online.   Hanify, you must have some fun family gatherings   :rofl;   I know what you are saying - my sister and I could have some good fights, but I love her dearly (just don't always agree with her).    By the way, great idea for a new thread.  Maybe it will give us some much needed laughs.   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

It's the Irish heritage - lots of temper tantrums!

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

But also remember that we are like a family.  In real life we have fights too - and this is a good one!!  I have said terrible things to my family at times over the years - I've thrown a drink in mys sister's face, I've slammed my mother's front door so hard that I smashed the entire pane of glass, I ran over my other sister's foot deliberately with the car -  it doesn't mean I never speak to them again.  We forgive each other and move on.  Actually - that's a good idea for a thread - things you have done in anger ... fess up people!!

When I was in college I lived at home for awhile.  I got so upset at my 1 and only brother for his drinking and drugging that we got into a wicked fight.  We both said some pretty mean things to each other and were just short of a fist fight.  I stormed out of the house and lived in my Chevy Chevette (tiny car) for over a month until I saved enough money to get an apartment.  I parked on the streets near campus and snuck into the dorms to shower.  We did get over it. 
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »

:grouphug; Don't go Lucinda!
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »

I AM THE EVIL PERSON WHOM  YOU MESSAGED ONCE TELLING ME WHAT i SHOULD NOT DO.  I MESSAGED BACK SAYING THAT i WOULD STOP.  YOU SEND A SECOND REPEATING WHAT I SHOULDN'T DO AND I MESSAGED BACK SAYING I WOULD NOT APOLOGIZE A SECOND TIME.  YOU MESSAGE THE 3 RD TIME TELL ME TO WATCH MY BLOODPRESSE AND THAT i WAS A LWAYS UPSET WITH SOMEONE.  i PMED YOU TO SAY STAY OUUT OF MY BUSINESS. 

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

I AM THE EVIL PERSON WHOM  YOU MESSAGED ONCE TELLING ME WHAT i SHOULD NOT DO.  I MESSAGED BACK SAYING THAT i WOULD STOP.  YOU SEND A SECOND REPEATING WHAT I SHOULDN'T DO AND I MESSAGED BACK SAYING I WOULD NOT APOLOGIZE A SECOND TIME.  YOU MESSAGE THE 3 RD TIME TELL ME TO WATCH MY BLOODPRESSE AND THAT i WAS A LWAYS UPSET WITH SOMEONE.  i PMED YOU TO SAY STAY OUUT OF MY BUSINESS.

There is a difference between Messaging on the public board and Personally PMing someone. Also when you type in Capital letters it means you are yelling/screaming.

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »

There is a difference between Messaging on the public board and Personally PMing someone. Also when you type in Capital letters it means you are yelling/screaming.

He's upset at all this stuff.

8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »

Yes,  I know.  On  both counts  Who pmed and who started this thread????

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »

But also remember that we are like a family.  In real life we have fights too - and this is a good one!!  I have said terrible things to my family at times over the years - I've thrown a drink in mys sister's face, I've slammed my mother's front door so hard that I smashed the entire pane of glass, I ran over my other sister's foot deliberately with the car -  it doesn't mean I never speak to them again.

Hanify, I understand what you are saying, and I think it's great that you are able to have these run-ins with your family and get past them and find humor in them. I, however, come from an abusive family. I don't speak to my family anymore - when you try everything you can think of and you are still being screamed at and threatened, it's time to go. I also have a parent who has never apologized to me once, so I believe in the power of apologies.

Those are some spectacular stories, though.... You would so be on the naughty step in my house!   :rofl; >:D

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »

A naughty step?  Ooooo RichardMel...lets go over to cariad's house and check that out!!!   :rofl;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »

A naughty step?  Ooooo RichardMel...lets go over to cariad's house and check that out!!!   :rofl;

:rofl;  :rofl;  :rofl;

You're both welcome any time! Just remember, you have to be really, really bad to earn a spot on the naughty step. I trust you two are up to the challenge....  >:D

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »

Hell yes! Wenchie and I are both definitely capable of the naughty step!!! And I'm a little scared of Hanify just now what with her driving over peoples feet and smashing doors and stuff... maybe the other side of the world is safer for me... on the naughty step!!  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

I can't believe I missed this, Cindy I feel Terrible that this happened!!!!! Maybe you need to take the "baby" out and get her dirty(run someone over) >:D >:D >:D I REALLY can't handle anymore people leaving this site, a break I can handle as long as you check in with Richy baby ( I hear he's on the naughty step) xoxoxoxoxo

Brightsky69

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »

Mommy daddy stop fighting

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »

Just seeing this for the first time.  Please don't go Cindy.  If you are really going, please send me your e-mail when I pm so that I can find you when I come to Australia.  xo Linda

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »