I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  how do you answer this????
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how do you answer this????  (Read 9232 times)
maritza0486

"Pple cant do evrythin but every1 can do somethin"

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Hello everyone  :waving;

There is one question I keep getting that I kind of bothers me. I have boyfriend of 6+ years. Granted he is far from perfect but he has his good side. He does get rid of my drain bag and stuff every morning...so I don't have to lift it. And he reminds me to take my binders at each meal....most of the time.
Anyway...getting back to the question.
People will ask me "Why doesn't your boyfriend get tested??? Doesn't he love you enough to do that??"  How the heck am I supposed to answer that?? Most people tell me..."If it were my wife/husband, I wouldn't think twice about getting tested." 
I always say.."well...it takes a special person to be a donor."  Then I think to myself...I guess my BF isn't one of those special people.  Then I start to think...heck, why doesn't he even WANT to get tested??
As a girl growing up I always thought I would be in love with someone who loved me so much they would be like my knight in shinning armor....willing to save my life in need be.
I guess that was just a silly dream.

I agree with many of you that say that just the thought of it is very scary. My brother admitted to me a week ago that he does really want to get tested for me but he is very afraid so I told him there is no pressure at all and if he is scared, to just forget about it. It is just fear that does it. Overall, your boyfriend loves you to death and of course he does not want anything bad to happen to you. For that matter he would not have been with you this long. People are just nosy sometimes and they do not understand the situation as a whole so they begin asking questions and making assumptions on things. I hate that but it is life. I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and he has supported me since I started experiencing rejection. He has never ever mentioned that he would test himself for me but I never think about it all. He of course would probably be scared as well. It all depends on the person really. Good luck.

~Diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease at age 17 (a month before turning 18)
~Kidney Transplant from sister February 10, 2005
~Transplant failed December 2008
~Began Dialysis for my very first time May 6, 2009
~Put on Transplant List on June 5, 2009
~Miraculous phone call from Montefiore about potential kidney August 31, 2009
~2nd Kidney Transplant!!! September 1, 2009
~Sep. 6, 2009 Creatnine 1.1 ---- Sep. 11, 2009 Creatnine 1.5 --- Sep. 18, 2009 Creatnine 1.3
~May 14, 2010 -- Creatnine 1.0!!!! I am healthier than ever. 8 months since 2nd transplant!!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

"thou shalt not covet another man's kidney"

;D  :2thumbsup;

I covet everyone's working kidneys! Plus their big jug of water!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
sico

wheres my bike gone?

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 03:58:38 AM »

If i had healthy kidney's and had been with someone for six years i'd obviously be in love and would be donating a kidney for sure! They won't let you give one unless the other is in good shape. I told mum the other day that i don't want anyone in my family to feel pressure to give me one.

Brad      "Got myself a one way ticket, going the wrong way" - Bon Scott

6/11/08 diagnosed with ESRF, dialysis that day

HD and PD

8th of April 2010 Live kidney transplant from my father.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »