I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  **Adult Content** Possible NSFW - Sex - having any?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Adult Content** Possible NSFW - Sex - having any?  (Read 6629 times)
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 01:51:12 AM »

PTSD?

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »

PTSD?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - I think

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Savemeimdtba

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »

When I was on hemo, there was nothing going on and my fiance was respectful of that but once I got on PD and started feeling better - it changed  ;) Now "I" myself never have a problem, but he has sleep apnea and diabetes and is tired a lot... so, yea.  I'm always up for it (am I the man in this relationship?) but sometimes he isn't.. and even though it shouldn't, it does hurt my feelings. 

Now, I never actually try to do anything while on the machine.. that just seems weird to me.  I do what i gotta do before I start the dialysis, then hook up and go to bed.  So, it always takes a little pre-planning on someones part.  And yes, sense of humor is a HUGE part of having a good relationship... cause shit happens, and if you let it get you down every time - you're going end up depressed.

-Kristi-
12/2008 - Began Hemodialysis
03/2009 - Began P.D.

"You gotta swim, swim for your life, swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive"
Inara

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »

I'm always up for it (am I the man in this relationship?) but sometimes he isn't.. and even though it shouldn't, it does hurt my feelings. 

Amen, sister!  Same here!  I got pissed at the hubby last night over the same thing and ended up yelling, "It's not MY fault that I'm just hitting my sexual peak and yours was 20 years ago!"   ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:40:25 AM by Inara » Logged

*Primary Caregiver of Leslie, my best friend.  She's been on dialysis for 9 years.
*Dialysis Nurse for 9 years
*HUGE Sci-Fi fan!! (Yes, I'm a dork)
*Recovery from broken leg.....85% healed and that's the best it will ever be.....a slight limp is kinda sexy, huh?
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

RM, I liked and agreed totally with your paragraph about cuddling, spooning etc...Saul gives a """ahem""" fantastic massage and I either go to sleep or enjoy the rest.  He has learned a lot about this disease since I was diagnosed 1.5 years after we met.  Also, I had a fantastic good friend years ago who had diabetes, no legs, 3 failed transplants, on dialysis, scars on top of scars, and blind and he had more women friends than anyone else I knew and not all were platonic.  The brain is a very sexual organ. He never felt sorry for himself and was positive until the end.  My hero.

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »