I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 06:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  New TV's and other stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New TV's and other stuff.  (Read 3110 times)
Gramapat

« on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:53 AM »

With the switch to DTV, my Davita Center got new TV's and switched to Dish instead of cable.  The reception is so clear and we get a lot more channels.   :2thumbsup;

The Director has tried cutting back and ordering cheaper supplies (I'm assuming under orders from Davita' s higher ups).  After lots of complaints from the techs, nurses and patients, the supplies are better again.  It takes awhile with him, but he does listen.  The techs are trying to be less wasteful which is a necessity in this economy but when they need to use more, they do.

Overall, I am happy with my center.  I have good techs!
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »

That is good to here.  Things are getting better at our unit as well.  We now have individual TVs with channels (not a great number but enough to give you some good choices).
A notice said that we were getting wireless internet, but so far  my laptop hasn't picked it up.  The supervisor said that the man in charge of it was quite busy recently, so I am still hoping that will soon come.
I already have a wireless internet account, but reception gets quite bad in our unit (even for cellphones), so I believe that if they get internet I would get better reception.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

The switch to DTV really messed up my center.  We lost almost all the channels.  I pretty much have a choice between CNN and the Dog Whisperer.  They keep saying that they need some new equipment.  I asked the social worker about it yesterday she said that there are a lot of patients really complaining about it.  She said she was concerned because they had a satisfaction survey coming up.    :thumbdown;  :thumbdown;  :thumbdown;  :thumbdown;  :thumbdown;  :thumbdown;
Kitsune

Sometimes the dragon wins.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »

I'm glad we still have cable hahaha. I guess we're lucky to even have TV's here according to the staff. Oh well, I'm moving away this summer anyway, I hope.  I bet they'll find another sickie to take my chair anyway with all of the promises they make but never keep. Goodbye DSNEO, those nonexistent snacks, ice chips, pillows, activities and blankets were nice  :sarcasm;  but don't bother to write!!! :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:30:57 AM by Kitsune » Logged

"Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word"- Pantera "Walk" (1991)
rockhound

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:00:09 AM »

My dialysis center here in Midland Tx. is Fresenius and it sucks. The chairs are largely worn out or broken, the tv quit when the change over was done. Somehow they had a satelite and cable system that got about 3 channels. now the cable doesn't work at all.  They have two tv mounted on the ceiling across the room for 5 people to try to watch. They do not have enough speakers to go around and there is a large number of apparent illegals, since they can't speak English who insist on Spanish tv. After paying a large amount of income medicare and social security taxes it really disgusts methat people who paid nothing are so demanding of their rights that they did nothing to earn.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »