I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  **New CBS Network Drama Series about Organ Transplants Premiering in Fall '09**
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: **New CBS Network Drama Series about Organ Transplants Premiering in Fall '09**  (Read 4221 times)
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »

8)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwatch.aspx?id=three_rivers

THREE RIVERS (CBS)

DEVELOPMENT HISTORY:
1/14/09 - 5/17/09

currently in development (2009-2010 season)

DEVELOPMENT STAGE:
ordered to series

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
13 episodes

DESCRIPTION:
(from CBS's press release, May 2009) THREE RIVERS is a medical drama that goes inside the emotionally complex lives of organ donors, the recipients and the surgeons at the preeminent transplant hospital in the country where every moment counts. However, dealing with donor families in their darkest hour and managing the fears and concerns of apprehensive recipients takes much more than just a sharp scalpel. Leading the elite team is Dr. Andy Yablonski (Alex O'Loughlin), the highly-skilled workaholic lead organ transplant surgeon, whose good-natured personality and sarcastic wit makes him popular with his patients and colleagues. His colleagues include Dr. Miranda Foster (Katherine Moennig), a surgical fellow with a rebellious streak and fiery temper who strives to live up to her deceased father's excellent surgical reputation; Dr. David Lee (Daniel Henney), a womanizing surgical resident who's broken as many hearts as he's replaced; Ryan Abbott (Christopher J. Hanke), the inexperienced new transplant coordinator who arranges the intricately choreographed process of quickly and carefully transporting organs from donor to patient; Dr. Sophia Jordan (Julia Ormond), the head of surgery and a dedicated medical professional; and Pam Acosta (Justina Machado), Andy's no-nonsense operating assistant and best friend. In this high stakes arena, in which every case is a race against the clock, these tenacious surgeons and medical professionals are the last hope for their patients. Carol Barbee, Curtis Hanson and Carol Fenelon are the executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Alex O'Loughlin as Andy Yablonski
· Christopher J. Hanke as Ryan Abbott
· Daniel Henney as David Lee
· Julia Ormond as Sophia Jordan
· Justina Machado as Pam Acosta
· Katherine Moennig as Miranda Foster

CREW INFORMATION:
· Carol Barbee as CRTR/EP
· Carol Fenelon as EP
· Curtis Hanson as EP
· Dan Attias as DIR (Pilot)

GENRE(S):
· drama

STUDIO INFORMATION:
· CBS Television Studios

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »

Does that mean they are killing off Julia Ormond's character on CSI:NY?  Guess I need to catch up on the season finales. . .

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »

I would be intrigued as long as it's less "Grey's Anatomy" and more "House" or "ER."  Its about time someone stepped up with a one hour drams about organ transplantation.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

Are there transplant surgeons that do any transplant? I would have thought transplant surgeons specialize in one or the other organs but I guess I don't really know. Do kidney transplant surgeons do hearts and livers?

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

Interesting. I will have to watch for this.
redz812

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »

One surgeon performed the kidney/pancreas transplant on my husband 17yrs ago. I believe that kidney/pancreas go hand in hand so to speak. It's and interesting question. I always believed that transplant surgeons were specific to the respective organ.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »

Interesting idea for a series.. I will be sure to catch it (thank you, BT airlines!)

the one thing that I would prefer is why not do a documentary series with real life stories? We had one here a year or so ago. I think it was called "The Gift" and traced patients (in Sydney, I believe) waiting for Hearts, Lungs, Kidneys etc, donors.. the families, how the list works, how people were helped from families OKing a donation from their loved one etc. It was really good I thought (though sadly put in a niche timeslot by the network that showed it).

I think though if this show can raise some awareness and get people TALKING about donation with families, friends, modifying their wills and/or signing up that is a GOOD THING. So let's give it a go and hope it does well..

but I agree I hope it doesn't turn into a bit of a soap fest based on the fact that nurse X has a conflict because she wants to date the husband of a deceased donor while surgeon Y has been illegally giving drugs to transplant patient A .. etc etc....

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
breezysummerday

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

Shoot, the CBS web site preview has expired.
I'm excited about this new series.  I want it to
be a 'soap fest' !!  Maybe there will be some
characters in the series we could point out
and say...omg!...that might be XYZ from IHD!!

caregiver to Ray
renal failure 6/08
listed 7/09
~thank you epoman~
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »

I have seen a couple of commercials for it already.  I was telling the nurses at the transplant center. They hadn't heard anything about it.  I hope it is realistic and informative.  Any attention to donation and transplantation is good. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »

Darn, saw this post and I thought Zach was back.....

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
breezysummerday

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »

CBS-TV's 'Three Rivers' Pilot Receives Award Before Airing

New Fall Show Honored for Medical Accuracy, Inspiration at Donate Life Film Festival - June 13

LOS ANGELES, June 9 /PRNewswire/ -- When does a television pilot receive an award before it even airs? When it is that good.

On June 13, Donate Life Hollywood will honor CBS-TV's new fall show "Three Rivers" with its first annual Inspire Award. Bestowed by the organ and tissue donation and transplant community, it will be presented at an awards dinner hosted at the Directors Guild of America as the culmination of the daylong Donate Life Film Festival. "Three Rivers" is a medical drama that goes inside the emotionally complex lives of organ donors, recipients and the surgeons at a preeminent transplant hospital.

The pilot episode of "Three Rivers" met and exceeded the Donate Life Hollywood criteria of portraying organ donation and transplantation in a way that was dramatic, showed viewers an accurate portrayal of the donation/transplant process, and left viewers feeling that organ donation is a good thing.

"Carol Barbee, who penned the pilot episode of 'Three Rivers,' went above and beyond to create a show that is dramatic, yet accurate," said Donate Life Hollywood campaign director Tenaya Wallace. "We arranged for Carol to see an actual organ procurement through the Southern California organ procurement organization, OneLegacy. She witnessed how OneLegacy sensitively approaches donor families, requests the transplant list from UNOS, places the organs for transplant based on this list and coordinates transplant teams to perform the recovery of the organs. Carol did her homework and the result is a dramatic donation and transplant story that shows viewers how this process really works."

"CBS recognizes that transplant stories are ripe with human drama," said Carol Barbee. "I am excited about bringing these incredible stories to life."

Organ and tissue donation is not always so well-presented on television. A study recently conducted by researchers at Purdue University shows that misleading and inaccurate information in dramatic television programming causes many people to shy away from choosing to be a donor.

Donate Life Hollywood is part of the national Donate Life movement and serves as a liaison between the organ and tissue community and the entertainment industry with the mission of seeing more accurate and inspiring organ donation storylines on television and in film. www.donatelifehollywood.org

caregiver to Ray
renal failure 6/08
listed 7/09
~thank you epoman~
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »

I want to be a writer for the show!!!

Guy comes in ready for a transplant and they catch him in the stairwell having one last joint!  They send him home.  The end!

dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »

I don't think they want you as a writer, Retun.  It's not to be a comedy.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 04:29:14 PM »

Oh.   

:'(

Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »

Awwwww go for it Rerun.....I think you'd add some wonderful insight.  Oh yeah, and some quick witted statements!  Yep, you should do it!   :clap;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »