I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  "KIMCANADA NEEDS YOUR HELP"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "KIMCANADA NEEDS YOUR HELP"  (Read 10497 times)
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »

I think Del has an excellent suggestion.  Send your video directly to the newspapers and television stations!

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

Oh Kim, you poor thing...

Mum's been there, too...  :banghead;

She dialysed at a private hospital because there was no slot available at our local hospital where she sees the Nephrology team... So she dialysed Tuesday and Friday, (She was only dialysing twice a week). The taxi, paid for by the Health Service Executive, uses to drive past the gates of our local hospital, and on to the private hospital...

She would LOVE to have gone back to her Senior Citizen's Daycare Centre, but that was on Fridays, so for the entire year, I requested a change of schedule to allow her to attend.. No joy!... But when they had someone who wanted Tuesdays, they put DREADFUL pressure on her to change to Mondays... We agreed to change day to suit them, IF they agreed to change day to suit Mum... They refused, and so did we!!!... They mentioned moving her day anyway... What I didn't threaten to say and do wasn't worth saying and doing!!!... Going to the media, Mum refusing to go to dialysis, Me contacting the Dialysis Co-Ordinator for the whole country, Me picketing the hospital day and night, and going to court if need be.... They backed down... RAPIDLY!!!...  :bandance;... Honestly, I can't understand why I'm known as 'That B***h in the Wheelchair!'... :sarcasm;

Then they wanted to change her time... She had 7am-11am... They wanted her to go to 3pm-7pm... Mum didn't like that idea ONE bit!!!... What bugs me most was them saying "Well, at your mum's age, we know that this will be a better time for her"...  Of course nobody asked MUM what was best for her... My reply to that suggestion is NOT repeatable in polite company... Let's just say that the reply was two words, each of four letters, and the phonetic wording would be 'Foxtrot Oscar'!!!... :sir ken;

Thankfully, Mum's on CAPD now, but it was a hellish year!...

You not turning up for dialysis tomorrow should set the cat among the pidgeons... I'd LOVE to be a fly on THAT wall... Just make sure you get in touch with your Neph. and inform him or her of WHY you won't be attending... Oh and email him/her that video you made, and email it to the CEO of the company who provide your dialysis... Oh and if you can, get in touch with the Health Correspondant at your local radio, and TV stations... Let's blow all of this dreadful treatment of vulnerable people right out of the water!...

May God bless you and keep you safe, Kim...

Keep fighting the good fight!... :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; .. Throw a tantrum if need be.... As a Hospital Chaplin said to me one day when Mum was being neglected "It's time to become a B with an itch"... He was right, I did, and it worked!!!!!....

Darth...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:11:44 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Slywalker

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 09:50:34 AM »

:grouphug;
Kim - Your video is very powerful.  Spread it far and wide.  you have received a lot of good suggestions like using a social worker (although the social worker I used to have was and still is totally useless) to intervene and going public with your video and story.  I'd complain heavily to the doctor too.

Your situation really sucks and I really hope you can get it resolved very soon.

kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »

Slywalker thats for the kind words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOIEdddhN68

http://www.kimhoben.com
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »

I posted my feelings on Facebook, but I had another thing to add...You should just show up on your previous regularly scheduled day and time and see them run around with their thumbs up their a** because they have no idea what to do about such a ballsy patient! And I'd stand there until they got a machine ready for you!! Do that a few times and I'm sure they'd reschedule the new patient! 

>:D  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »

Look at this....

Jean HughesOh My Kim. I hear ya. I know you are frustrated. Being a Dialysis pt has to be the hardest thing. You are captive to your day in the clinic. I am glad to hear you are going to have training. Will you be doing home Hemo or home Par. Dialysis??
I am a Nurse. I however am not in Canada. And by the sounds of things you have it pretty good if you have a nurse, care giver, social worker, doctor all looking after your care. That is great. Where I live we have a Lot of renal patients. They are lucky here to have a government program that covers the care they need. Otherwise they would die. Skipping Dialysis is one way to take back your power over the situation. However this only hurts you. And sends a message to the "Halifax" or "nurses" or DOctors that you are not serious about your own care. That you would skip a life saving treatment.
Yes You have to think about how you want your care to be run. You have to communicate your needs to the establishment. hope you can work it out!
8 hours ago

Kim Deveau HobenSometimes Jean, staying "alive" just doesn't cut it... In Canada there is something called quality of life, everyone expects it, and I with no kidneys also expect it. So yes I am lucky to have all these health officials getting paid really really well to look after me, but my point is that I am not happy with the care they give.
3 minutes ago · Delete

Razman

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »

I wish I lived closer and could come by and visit you.  I can only understand a little bit of what your frustration is but I hope that you stay on with your regular dialysis visit.  Your the number one person and even though you hate it , dialysis is a requirement.  I hope that you get them all together and make them explain themselves.  Make them understand what its like.  Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.   :grouphug;
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

Thanks so much for everyone that watched my video and sent comments and well wishes, I have been switched back to days until I go to Halifax for training. 

I would also like to send a special thanks to Paddbear for the very very sweet card I recieved in the mail all the way from OHIO !! It was such a sweet thing to do that it brought a tear to my eye.  I love IHD and Epoman for having the foresight to know that we people needed people just like us in our corner!

Love to All!!

Kim

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »

Kim, that's great news!...

I think you have to dig in the heels sometimes... I'm WELL known for it at the hospital where Mum's concerned... I've been told by certain staff that the 'powers that be' have a far greater respect for me now that they know that I won't allow Mum to be pushed around!...

I hope your training goes really well, and you're soon up an running with home dialysis...

May God bless and protect you...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »

Kim, you are very welcome! Your video made me cry just watching it, let alone going through it. We love our fellow IHD family and do what we can to help (even if it's just a card).   :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »