I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 10:12:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  All i want to do is ..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All i want to do is ..  (Read 3737 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:57 AM »

Spring clean my house ! Oh i wish i had the energy its totally getting on my nerves, i ve got paint and wallpaper (a bargain) ready to go up , i want to smell fresh paint. I want to brighten my lounge , i want to see it sparkle again like it used to. Im sick of dust .. dust .. dust..im ashamed of how untidy its become. I made a start today but by the time i had pulled the furniture away from one wall , i managed to paint about a quarter of it before i was totally shattered !  :banghead; If anyone has any helpfull ideas or hints and tips on how they get things done on zero energy .. let me know. I just dont have any options of help and couldnt afford a decorator.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »

I went yesterday to pick out paint!  Sounds like we have the same idea here.  I don't know about the energy.  I figure if it takes me 4 weeks to get it done I am going do it damit!  And I am gonna do it myself. I need a little something to pick me up. Painting my living room is gonna do it.  Just set a goal of how much you want to get done and when you want it done by.  And every day once you hit that goal sit down and relax a bit and you might just be proud of yourself enough to do a little more.  That way when your done you can be proud you got it done.  That is what I do at the gym. 

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »

Thanks MandaMe great minds think alike  :thumbup; It hard work isnt it and very frustrating to think what took you days now takes weeks ...months ? !!!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »

..have some fun.  And I got a feeling I'm not the only one.   ;D

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »

Even though you want things done quickly it is better to space things out.. This is so that you don't get to tired to fast no matter how long it takes it is better that you do it slowly then to take the chance on hurting yourself and never finishing.  Take it one day at a time one hour at a time and you will still finish just not as fast as you would like.. But it will get done.

move the Furniture one day
paint 1/4 of the wall one day and each day after that until finished.
Then move the furniture back.

It is alot of work that way but once you finish it will all be worth it.

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
Started Dialysis May 22, 2009
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:53 PM »

Ahh, for the days when I could work 8 hours and still have the energy to clean and cook when I got home.  I used to be able to clean the entire house in one run.  Now I do one room at a time, as I have the energy.  By the time I get to one end of the house, I need to start over again at the other.  I refuse to quit doing the stuff, so I break it into manageable segments, and do it one step at a time.

If you pop your paint brushes and roller into a plastic bag and keep them somewhere cool, you don't have to clean them overnight. Very helpful - only do one coat a day until it's finished. 

Don't forget to stop before you are so exhausted you make yourself sick!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »

I just finished spring cleaning!  It took me over two weeks.  I decided that I would start with 1 room a day. The whole house seemed to be too much.  I only had enough energy to do a little at a time. I was only able to do parts or rooms a day.  Slowly I got through it.  You can too!   
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 08:15:04 AM »

Ive managed to do a bit more painting today ..only a bit , the trouble is i have to keep moving the furniture to do it  .. i think white with a splash of dog hair looks lovely  :rofl; ( yes the pair of them make a bee line for fresh paint ! )

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:47 AM »

everytime I get the kitchen sink cleaned out - here comes Bubba with dirty hands - washing them in my clean sink - using my good cup towels - and the floors are dirty again - and he ate two big egg, bacon, ham and cheese sandwiches on fried toast and finished off half of the triple batch chocolate chocolate chunk cookies I just made -- I LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF IT - we watched Operation Repo last night and laughed and laughed - I will have a clean kitchen sink again when he is back at College Station -
now all I want to do is to enjoy every moment with him -- it is a true life experience -- he has been working on his old truck and we are praying for a miracle ..... blew something out when he helped a friend in college in Louisiana
cherpep

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 10:09:27 AM »

Twirl - I loved your post!!  It must be so good to have him home. 
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

I'm with you. BUT! I don't want to be stuck in the house and smelling paint. I want to paint and go on a l o n g weekend comeback and enjoy my house. We got a new roof in March and have been waiting for a good rain because we don't want to replace the sheetrock that fell in from years of rain coming in and making toe sheet rock sag and fall in in places. But we live in the desert and in three months it's only sprinkled a coupla' times. Oh well, It just goes to show you. . . It's always something. ;D
Phraxis

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 05:54:18 PM »

naps, I strongly recommend naps.

I found that taking control of my schedule and working activities around how I feel has allowed me to complete a task list, albeit a much shorter task list. I am careful to accept when my brain is affected by "muddy blood" versus when I am tired. I also found that if I am tired eating followed by a short rest restores my energy level.

I work closely with the dietition and make the effort to exercise to avoid the "less you do, the less you want to do" trap.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »

naps, I strongly recommend naps.

I found that taking control of my schedule and working activities around how I feel has allowed me to complete a task list, albeit a much shorter task list. I am careful to accept when my brain is affected by "muddy blood" versus when I am tired. I also found that if I am tired eating followed by a short rest restores my energy level.

I work closely with the dietition and make the effort to exercise to avoid the "less you do, the less you want to do" trap.

I'm currently in that trap.   HELP!  I've fallen and I don't want to get up!!!!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

I am right there beside you, Kelly   :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

I'm with you. BUT! I don't want to be stuck in the house and smelling paint. I want to paint and go on a l o n g weekend comeback and enjoy my house.

Oh I love the smell of paint.  I could live with it every day of my life. Paint and gas yeah buddy. haha.

So far I got under the kids beds done, the bed room cleaned and vacuumed, painted the kids beds. Sandia's is now a Ballerina Slipper Pink and Sean's is a Blue. He wanted blue camo so I did the best I could. haha. I will post pictures later.   

Tomarrow I buy the paint for the living room, I decided on a really light minty color. Yes I am gonna paint my living room green.  ;D  I am hoping that getting the paint will get me moving in the right direction with the living room. I need to see what is in my book shelves that I need to keep and what I need to get rid of. For some reason junk everywhere. Need to get the kids toys out of the living room and move them else where (not to sure where yet.   My goal is two days cleaning and getting the room ready, two walls a day, and then a day shampooing the carpet.  It should take me a week. Hopefully.  My dad told me he would come help, but I think I want to do it myself. I need time to think about some stuff. I do my best thinking when I am working. So that is what I plan on doing. And maybe once the house is all fixed up I will have my head on straight.  Sounds like a plan huh?

And Twirl it sounds like your having so much fun with Bubba.  :cuddle;

Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.

MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »

Here are some pictures of there beds. Oh and may I add that even tho my kids are 4 they both made there own beds! Yes all by themselves.  How fun huh?  But of course cause I took out my camera the kids needed there pictures taken.  So there are a couple of them as well. But those are the beds I painted, I tired to make Sean's camo, it kinda looks more like clouds but hey I tried.  :2thumbsup;

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

All I want to do is ........... pee.
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »

Great pictures, Mandama!  Awesome job on the beds!   :2thumbsup;

Your kids are such cuties!   :)

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

Great job, Manda!  I love painting. It is mindless and I can just zone out.  It makes everything look bright and fresh.  I even like the smell.

And I love you babies!  I am very partial to boy/girl twins.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »

Mandame you are getting well ahead of me , i havent done anything today ..too tired ! Love the beds , well done you! 
I also love the smell of paint ..shame most of it doesnt smell anymore !!

MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »

Thanks you guys. I am pretty proud of the beds. Haha. 

My kids are cuties huh? I am pretty proud of them too.  ;D

My house is clean, got to get all the laundry done and then I start getting the living room ready to paint.

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »

Ive had to put mine on hold  :(

MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »

Is everything alright Kitstart?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »