I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 04:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Fuddled ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuddled ?  (Read 2155 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:46 AM »

I know there are so many ways kidney failure can affect us but does anyone ever feel more 'fuddled' than usual ? Sometimes i cant remember things from 5 mins ago and im deffo having to make more lists as reminders to do stuff (no im not some senile old lady  :rofl;) I also seem to have developed a habit of typing letters in the wrong order when im on the keyboard  , i always recheck my posts before i post them ! No im not dyslexic , never have been , but thats how im starting to type! Writing with pen and paper is fine , but i have never hit so many wrong keys when typing ! Help !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »

If it's any consolation, I'm just the same and I don't have kidney failure (at least not as far as I know) I put it down to 'my age' and hormones  :rofl;  I managed to lose my shoppig list in Tesco on Weds and almost went into meltdown, until I went back down the aisles and found it on the floor by the carrots !!
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »

I do it too- I told my daughter to put the icetray in the microwave yesterday- its like my brain goes on mini-vacations!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:47:16 AM »

The circular backup and removal of wastes does the same to me.  I used to be sharp, quick-witted and clever.

Now I'm haggard, forgetful and quick to nap.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »

my mind has always been made of cotton candy and steel wool. the cotton candy melted and the steel wool rusted. i've always made lists and written on calendars, then forgotton to look at them. however, now things are worse..... don't feel alone.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 10:29:13 AM »

You are in good company!    I couldn't find the car keys the other day. Not on the key rack.  Not in my purse.  Not on the counter.  Finally found them in the "junk" drawer with the pencils, tape etc.   My mother had alzheimers, so I worry about that (when I remember to worry  :rofl;  )

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pam

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »

Who? What? When?  Why?   Write it down and tell me again!! :rofl;             
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

Yup, I'm short on focus and concentration.  I can't stay mentally on one project for long anymore.  I write more lists, keep a daily calendar, and have switched my sewing projects to ones that I can finish in a day instead of several weeks. 

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:59:50 PM »

I do the same things!!!! I can't blame it on dialysis or kidney failure though!!  The students at school laugh at me sometimes. Especially when I mix up there names or misplace something.   Don't think I'm quite as bad as my sister yet though. She found a pair of socks in her fridge when she cleaned it out once!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »

What? Fuddled?  Oh criminey!   Everyday something fuddles me up.  You are not alone.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »

Mental confusion is a known symptom of uremia.  (So is poor concentration.)  Confusion is also a known symptom of secondary hyperparathyroidism.

And yes,  prior to starting dialysis, I was becoming absent-minded, and I was having difficulty concentrating as well.  These symptoms have subsided after months of dialysis, and since my PTH has dropped dramatically.

If you're still having symptoms, check your latest blood test numbers.  Perhaps you need more dialysis, or you need to have better control of your PTH.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »