I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 03:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hit me with a baseball bat
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hit me with a baseball bat  (Read 2987 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: May 28, 2009, 07:23:07 AM »

:Kit n Stik; Well you might as well !! After my visit to the hospital yesterday they started me on some new b.p. meds . Ive always had terrible high b.p. but my body has adjusted to it after all this time ..till i took these new tablets today ..my b.p. has halved !!!! and isnt my body complaining , i can hardly put one foot in front of another they have floored me . How long does it take for your body to adjust again back to sort of 'normal'?  and does it ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »

Call your doc and ask if you can just take a half tablet to start.

(I would just do that, but that's me)

:cheer:

angellady07

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »

I agree call your doctor. I've been on a lot of bp meds and finally found a good combination. Hope you feel better kickstart. 
  :flower;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »

Sorry guys no can do ..it was the 'duty' doctor i saw and basically i had this arguement with him at the time because i know how sensitive i am to b.p. meds ..so i was given a choice .take the dosage or have a stroke, great eh ? So i then asked him, ok if i take it how am i going to look after myself ?(because i knew it would make me like this) and his reply was ..well its only for a couple of weeks then you will feel better , sorry doc but a couple of weeks in my book is a long time!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »

Yey something that works  :cheer: :cheer:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
cherpep

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

Can you monitor your blood pressure at home?   
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »

If you can monitor your own blood pressure, adjusting your own bp meds is feasible, as long as you do it gradually.  Do you feel faint when you stand up?  That could be a sign that the new med is lowering the blood pressure too much.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:41:49 PM by pelagia » Logged

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
angellady07

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Gee, your duty doctor sounds like my surgeon. I agree monitor your bp and adjust your dose accordingly. Keep us posted.
angellady07

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Kickstart how are you feeling ?
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »

What a day ..but thats another thing ! Well my renal nurse has been and could see i wasnt my usual self and suggested i stop the tablets if i felt so bad. (I do monitor my b.p. , i do it every day ) Whats happened is these new tablets have dropped my bp hard and fast , so my body is sort of in shock , i cant half the dosage because im on the smallest amount and even the tablet is to tiny to break in half. My b.p. is fantastic tho ! Everyone keeps saying give it a few weeks and my body will adjust, which is great ,but a few weeks in my book is a long time ,especially when you are trying to look after yourself and shop and cook etc. Anyway im going to plod on , although not brill i'll try and get takeaways and ready meals to live on for now. My dogs ..bless them are being little loves ! They think its christmas the amount of treats they are getting  :rofl; So its plod on for now and see what happens..this is like being drunk without the drink !

sewerrat4u

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 02:20:15 PM »

Hey Kick, I guess I'm lucky my wife will make me some chicken broth from the knorr powdermix and
just one cup fixes me right up when the BP takes a dip. I had Bp's in the 200"s and when they got
around 100 to 90 I thought i was gonna mop the floor. It did take a few weeks, but also beware of the
Cozar Meds it tends to build potasium in my blood and make my heart palpitate.
                                                                       Take care, and good luck!

Gus-
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »

Hey Kick, I guess I'm lucky my wife will make me some chicken broth from the knorr powdermix and
just one cup fixes me right up when the BP takes a dip. I had Bp's in the 200"s and when they got
around 100 to 90 I thought i was gonna mop the floor. It did take a few weeks, but also beware of the
Cozar Meds it tends to build potasium in my blood and make my heart palpitate.
                                                                       Take care, and good luck!

Yeah this is the problem ive got my b.p. has dropped from 220/136 !! to 134/82 in a DAY !!!!!  Is it any wonder i cant function !  :urcrazy;

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 09:42:13 PM »

Some blood pressure pills can't be halved because of being timed released. That dizzy drunken feeling is terrible. I hope they find one that you can tolerate better.  :cuddle;
Phraxis

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »

Halved?? So what you were running 220?
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 04:29:50 AM »

Halved?? So what you were running 220?

?????????  My normal day to day bp was that high.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »