I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  The Good , the Bad and the Not so Sure about !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good , the Bad and the Not so Sure about !  (Read 2293 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 03, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »

The good news is i ventured out after 3 weeks inside on my own with no company!. It was the first time my head felt clear enough after these new tablets ( i must be getting a bit more used to them!)
The bad news was it felt awful , i was sweating and dizzy and generally felt thirsty and sick (it was very stuffy in the shops) Anyway i got what i need to and decided that was enough for one day . I didnt browse.
The Not so sure about ..I've managed to find a support group in my area that actually MEETS!!!  :2thumbsup; I ve emailed them and they have a meeting at a pub thats local to me in a couple of weeks  :yahoo; So im going to do my best to get there...

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

Well I think that's 2 'goods' - going out and the support group  :thumbup; I hope you make it to the meeting, the first one will be the hardest, once you've been once it will be easy to go again - just remember you may not be able to see us but we (IHD) are all there holding your hand as you go through the doors of that pub. :grouphug;

Sorry you didn't feel good in the shops, I had to come out of one yesterday, Matt (son) & I were looking at laptops (as this PC is on it's way out) and I started to feel faint and had to go outside - and I usually prefer it hot.  It really has got hot so quickly though, it actually feels thundery here today - typical British summer!

Take care, let us know how the meeting goes,I'll be thinking of you xx
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »

Great to hear, Kickstart! 

It can be very difficult at times to take these sort of steps, and I admire your courage and determination!

:2thumbsup;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »

A lady from the group has already emailed me back  :thumbup; She has said that the group try and do some sort of activity or outing every couple of weeks and has invited me to go for a coffee. I hope to try and go next week and meet her then at least i will know who im looking for when i go to the meeting. They sound like a fun bunch and at least they understand how i feel. At last i ve got something to look forward to ! Maybe it will put the bounce back in my step ?  :cheer:

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:38:02 AM »

:yahoo; for the suport group!  Yey I am happy for you.  Good luck.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »

I am so proud of you Kickstart... Everything is easier said then done but, you took the first step in the right direction. It is your life and once you get control again you will feel wonderful... I am very happy for you... And as Rose said IHD will be here for support when you get back. We will be waiting to hear all about it...  :grouphug;

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
Started Dialysis May 22, 2009
BigSteve

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

Good start. Support groups may not be for everyone, but I have been going to one since I was
pre-dialysis. I'm a pretty shy person, but it is much easier to talk when you know everyone has been
through the same problems.

"I yam what I yam what I yam." Popeye's immortal words.
"Getting and spending we lay waste our powers"
If it's too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 12:22:54 PM »

:yahoo;
good for you
a support group for dialysis ?
cool
I don't know of any around here -
IHD is my support group
at a pub, is it?
can you drink?
maybe you can get a group together and figure out what to do about those creeps who damage your car ----  I am happy you are joining a group    :cheer:
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

Kickstart,  I am always impressed with your determination.  You don't let things get you down and take over.  Even when you feel your worst, you find a way to make things better.  I think the group sounds great.  The first time may be hard, but they may be a wonderful group and lots of fun.   Keep us posted!   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »

Good for you Kicky, I hope you'll meet some nice people at the group and what's the worst that can happen?  You decide it's not for you and stop going but as "they" say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »

The lady that emailed me makes the group sound like fun is their first priority , not dialysis ! They seem to do lots of different activities , shows/day at the races and a wine tasting evening coming up soon (shame cause i really dont like wine !!) Anyway clinic tomorrow see what they say about my BP and these new tablets .

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »

This sounds perfect! Be sure to tell them about your on-line support group!  :cheer:

I'm glad that you will have new people to meet who understand where you are. That is cause for celebration.  :clap;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 07:06:13 PM »

I am so glad to hear this- I think about you a lot- and i hope you meet some nice people to just hang out with.   :flower; :flower;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »