I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 12:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I realy am blessed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I realy am blessed  (Read 1522 times)
bountyhunter_ga

I love to cook

« on: May 22, 2009, 06:21:54 AM »

Well looking around the site I guess I'm pretty blessed. I'm in generally great health but for this pesky Kidney problem. As I said before I work every day and Dialysis three times a week like the rest of you. When I look around the room I see people the same age as me 60 who are falling apart so I try to bring to bring a little humor into the room.

We just changed hospitals from Emory to Piedmont in Atlanta. I can't take people lying to me I don't do it and refused to take it.

My donor went through hell with Emory lost test and just strung him along for the test. Why would anyone want to be a donor being treated like this. My hat goes off to those donors out there who are thing about giving the gift of life God bless you my friends.

Bountyhunter_ga
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

So you are close to Atlanta, huh?

We are near Knoxville. Practically neighbors.

My husband is the dialysis patient and his health is extraordinarily good except for that one "little" thing called PKD.  :P
We both work full time, too.

Glad to see you posting up a storm!

Check out some of the fun areas.  :yahoo;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
bountyhunter_ga

I love to cook

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »

Thank You, until just late I also worked gun shows with my stuff, I had to quit that. Live in Dawsonville,Ga just a small town with big politics.

As you can tell I love to cook, being on dialysis is just a stumbling stone for me, unlike so many people I see every week who are in pretty bad shape.

Regardless what your situation is, the pain is real when they stick you in the arm and you spend the rest of the day trying to get enough energy to just make supper.
Keep your head high and try to work things out for you, life is just diffrent for us.

Bountyhunter_ga
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »