I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  For me dialysis=bad credit..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For me dialysis=bad credit..  (Read 9206 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »

If I could work I would, but there are many factors in my situation that keep me from working at this moment. One is, I live 26 miles from anywhere I can work, my parents moved us out to the middle of nowhere in Iowa, and I dont have a vehicle, my license is suspended. Two, if I somehow found a ride each day to a job and back home, I would then need that job to make what I make now on SSDI plus extra for daycare for my children as I am a single mom. Then I would have to find a suitable babysitter in a state where I dont know anyone yet... there is so mnay different things going on... that at this moment, its easier for me to take care of my kids and not stress about how I will get to a job, hope the hours are something I can work a ride around, and afford gas money for 26 miles each way everyday... When I lived in Vegas and first started dialysis, I planned on going on disability for a few months only while I adjusted... but then I became a single mom and alot of things happened... so.. life throws us curveballs alot. we gotta work with them and around them.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »

Ya life does toss us curve balls. That is for sure!

I couldn't keep my job simply because it was 12-hr shifts and I was doing CAPD 4 times each day every day. They had no union or anyone. They were constantly going against the book! It all depends how far you want to push to get your rights met! So instead I applied for the part time job I am at now and gave up the full time job and the promotion. It comes to a time when you have to say, "ok I thought I was supposed to go left but I guess I am supposed to go right."  As long as I am alive and able to keep a roof over my head I know I will be okay. At least the job I am at now (the one I have been at since 2001) is flexible and I was able to take a year off for sick leave last summer. So in all reality, this job is more secure ;) :2thumbsup;. Still I am poor as all hell but ya gotta look at the bright side right?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »